The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
original_balzer

Project "Cheap, Naked and Dirty" my 61 build

So I have enough done to start a build thread.
It started with me trying to find 55-66 rear stepside fenders for an idea I had. Looking on www.ksl.com classified adds I found a project someone had started and lost interest. So I hooked on the trailer stopped at the ATM and went to look at it. At first glance I though man this thing is a pile. Looking it over a bit I realized most of the body work had been done and just needed to be finished and it had a LOT of potential. So I forked over $500 and loaded this onto the trailer.

It was stripped of paint torn appart and dirty. But it is a 61 short step with a 350/th350 already swapped in. Once I got it home i looked it over real good. Look what I found inside.

over $300 worth of new parts. Window felts and rubber gaskets for the whole cab. I also found new radiator hoses alternator battery cables throttle cable and kick down cable as well as several other small parts. SWEET! I bought $500 worth of parts and got the truck for free!
-77 k20 long fleet (gettin all the goodies from frankentruck)
-79 c30/k30 3+3 frankentruck (cab and frame for sale)
-99 GMC yukon daily driver
original_balzer is offline   Reply With Quote