The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
cjohnson6772

High back bucket to low back bucket seat conversion

First of all I would like to say hello to everyone as I am new here on the forum. Well actually I've been reading for a while, but I am new as a member. My question may sound silly, but does anyone have any pics or information on whether it is possible to take a set of later model Blazer high back bucket seats (late '77-'87) and cut them down to the height of the low back seats. I have a 1972 Cheyenne Super and I want original bucket seats badly, but seeing as how I'm in college, the cost of original buckets is a little steep.

Essentially I am wanting pics of what the high back seats look like with the cover and pad off. I just want to see what the frame looks like and if it would be possible to cut, shorten, redo the springs and foam and then put '72 covers on them.

Any thoughts? Am I crazy? I know it will be labor intensive, but the way I see it the only way to build a better truck is time and money, and I certainly have more time then money. Lol.

Thanks in advance.
cjohnson6772 is offline   Reply With Quote