The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Motor numbers

Drove the truck up to my dad's today. It was a cool day about 75 for the high. Running 70 MPH these are the numbers. I thought it ran good. What do you all think of the numbers, this was about 2hrs into the drive.

Coming home it ran just a tick cooler on the IA temp because it was dark when we left. It had cooled down to 68* outside.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:26 AM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Motor numbers

Not much to infer from those 4, other than you seem to be turning a nice low RPM at 70, but of course the rear end and tire size will have some effects on that.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Question Re: Motor numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Not much to infer from those 4, other than you seem to be turning a nice low RPM at 70, but of course the rear end and tire size will have some effects on that.

Remember now this is just a street vehicle, I don't race it!

I thought the IA temp was great. I have read where a lot of people run close 100*. Mine has always ran low 90 are high 80's even in the summer. I think it's because of the cold air intake that actually pulls in air from out front of the radiator and not under the hood.
Rear end gear is 4:10, tires are right at 29-30" over all.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #4
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Motor numbers

With 4:10's thats a pretty chill cruising speed. I have 3:73's but turn a higher rpm on a smaller tire (And CRAP convertor).

The IA is good if I take into consideration your location, but doesn't tell me much else about the health of the swap (other than that your IAT works lol). As an at-a-glance, it seems you've got nothing to worry about, but its only skin deep in a matter of speaking.

If you did a log in HPt, then you have some real meat to dig into.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
Andy4639
Old member

Wink Re: Motor numbers

The only reason I posted it was I had read where several had been getting 100* + on theres so I just thought I would post mine. When the truck comes to a stop and I cut it off it will go above 100*. This is normal I would think since there is no air moving in the engine bay. It's just another way of showing the benifit of a cold air intake that is pulling outside air into the motor.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club