The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2017, 03:31 PM   #1
hdixon

fenders

Can anyone recommend were to purchase a new set of step side fenders and side panels it appears to just buy new ones than to try and fine a good set of use ones thanks.
hdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:49 PM   #2
In The Ten Ring

Re: fenders

Most people on this site will tell you to avoid aftermarket body panels as much as possible. That's what I have done and even though they all need media blasting and painting, I would much rather go that route than take a chance on thinner metal that won't fit.

In my case, I was able to find NOS or good OEM fenders from the Parts Forum on this site. There is a junkyard in California I can get you the number to and there is a guy in western TN that has a vast supply of nice OEM fenders. I'll get you their numbers when I get home.

Here is one junkyard guy I do have the number to. He is a very impressive fellow to work with and will ship fenders properly, which means wooden crates. NEVER allow a body panel to be shipped to you unless it is in a crate. Many though you will have to buy in person.

I have bought 5 NOS or OEM fenders from three members of this site in person and each guy was honest and reliable and the parts were exactly as they promised.

Eric's Auto in Billings, MT

406 325 2427

Ha! I found the guy's listing in TN. I've been there, he really does have all these parts. However, do get a pic of the fenders in question before going, he has had some theft from his junkyard in the past.

https://huntsville.craigslist.org/pt...332172487.html

EDIT: stepside fenders come up for sale on the Parts Forum from time-to-time. I'll get those numbers just as soon as I get in the door.

Last edited by In The Ten Ring; 10-29-2017 at 05:58 PM.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:28 PM   #3
hdixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
Most people on this site will tell you to avoid aftermarket body panels as much as possible. That's what I have done and even though they all need media blasting and painting, I would much rather go that route than take a chance on thinner metal that won't fit.

In my case, I was able to find NOS or good OEM fenders from the Parts Forum on this site. There is a junkyard in California I can get you the number to and there is a guy in western TN that has a vast supply of nice OEM fenders. I'll get you their numbers when I get home.

Here is one junkyard guy I do have the number to. He is a very impressive fellow to work with and will ship fenders properly, which means wooden crates. NEVER allow a body panel to be shipped to you unless it is in a crate. Many though you will have to buy in person.

I have bought 5 NOS or OEM fenders from three members of this site in person and each guy was honest and reliable and the parts were exactly as they promised.

Eric's Auto in Billings, MT

406 325 2427

Ha! I found the guy's listing in TN. I've been there, he really does have all these parts. However, do get a pic of the fenders in question before going, he has had some theft from his junkyard in the past.

https://huntsville.craigslist.org/pt...332172487.html

EDIT: step side fenders come up for sale on the Parts Forum from time-to-time. I'll get those numbers just as soon as I get in the door.
Thanks for the information. I purchase a use bed complete bed with the fenders and side panel but they have a bit of filler on them it would properly coast more to try and repair them than buy another set.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:16 PM   #4
kcsa75

There are a number of vendors who support this board. I have bought new parts from GMCPauls and been very pleased. If its not a quality part, Paul won't sell it.

Check out the vendors page http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=195

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:42 PM   #5
hdixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsa75 View Post
There are a number of vendors who support this board. I have bought new parts from GMCPauls and been very pleased. If its not a quality part, Paul won't sell it.

Check out the vendors page http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=195
Thank you. I am getting a bit confuse as to which way to go with the replacement of my bed fenders and side panels. I don't want to buy something that I will need to replace in 5 years from rusting out. nor do I want to buy some cheap and thin after market product either. I was on Gm Paul site and they have 19 gauge steel fenders at a very good price $440.00 each however they are a bit pricey on the side panel comparing to LMC. anyone on the board that can give some support it would be great help this my first rodeo and I just want to make sure I make a good decision on the money that I need to spend. any options

Last edited by hdixon; 10-29-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:21 PM   #6
BCOWANWHEELS

Get goodmark parts, there gm replacement parts
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16
BCOWANWHEELS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:32 PM   #7
hdixon

Smile Re: fenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
Get goodmark parts, there gm replacement parts
thanks, for your feedback. I will check out there site. big help
Old 10-30-2017, 03:16 PM   #8
68is4me

For bed sides I went with Mar-k. Top notch stuff. I went with 1 keyparts outer fender fits ok, but nothing like original. I Also have purchased a hood from GMC pauls very nice piece.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=715941
06 gmc duramax
68is4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #9
hdixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68is4me View Post
For bed sides I went with Mar-k. Top notch stuff. I went with 1 keyparts outer fender fits ok, but nothing like original. I Also have purchased a hood from GMC pauls very nice piece.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=715941
thanks for the reply. I will look into mark-k I am going to purchase the fenders from Eckler's they offered me a 10% discount I notice they don't have the side panel online they also have 16 gauge steel medal fenders. I like GMC Paul price on there fenders but notice they are 19 gauge bit thin. I called LMC and ask what thickness were there fenders they could not give me and answer.

Thanks again for for the help good looking out