The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-20-2017, 12:43 AM   #1
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

I have been waiting on this day for quite a while. I finally got the Tahoe chassis out from underneath the body. I then rolled the 68 GMC chassis under the body and rolled it out the door this evening.

I have taken several bodies off in the past, but this one was the most challenging... I would not allow anyone in the shop until it was all over. I took my sweet time getting everything right before I moved it out from underneath the body, so it took a long time, but in the end the patience was worth it. I'm just glad it is done!

So now the chassis is ready to start on. I am going to try and get the 68 cab set on it in the next couple of days. I can't wait to see what it is going to look like. I know I have a ton of fab ahead of me, but that is the stuff I enjoy so it is no big deal.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Last edited by 75Dually; 12-20-2017 at 12:50 AM.
75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:51 AM   #2
thetucks

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Dually View Post
I have been waiting on this day for quite a while. I finally got the Tahoe chassis out from underneath the body. I then rolled the 68 GMC chassis under the body and rolled it out the door this evening.

I have taken several bodies off in the past, but this one was the most challenging... I would not allow anyone in the shop until it was all over. I took my sweet time getting everything right before I moved it out from underneath the body, so it took a long time, but in the end the patience was worth it. I'm just glad it is done!

So now the chassis is ready to start on. I am going to try and get the 68 cab set on it in the next couple of days. I can't wait to see what it is going to look like. I know I have a ton of fab ahead of me, but that is the stuff I enjoy so it is no big deal.

Stay tuned!
Hey that looks familiar.lol looking good keep it up

My build -http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=731246
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote