The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2021, 06:39 PM   #26
BigBird05

Re: Rear differential

I had a vacuum modulator that would allow trans oil to be sucked into the engine and burned. Check that if your still using trans oil.
BigBird05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:46 PM   #27
grousehunter 61

I don't think that is it due to the fact that the rubber hose to the vacuum modulator is off the fitting and just sitting there, so it's not hooked up, but, it is swollen and will no longer stay hooked up, ( why ) what caused the line to swell, I may need to get a new modulator and line. A little engine gunk and carb cleaner will clean it up so it can be seen. As I said before,if it's not one thing it's another. I can't ***** about the truck, it's been from Calif to Wisconsin, down in the swamps of Louisiana and arkansas and more.
grousehunter 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 06:35 PM   #28
grousehunter 61

I found two problems, 1 the return line from the trans cooler is where the leak is coming from, and 2 the end of the vacuum modulator is broken off so no place to hook the hose. Its raining right now so all of this will need to wait until it drys up. The joys of working outside in the dirt. Using carb cleaner I cleaned the side of the transmission and now can see whats wrong. I may need to replace the fitting on the return line from the trans cooler, I may have striped it the last time I was under there.
grousehunter 61 is offline   Reply With Quote