The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-13-2020, 06:00 PM   #1
Jason Banks

Re: Hooker Blackheart 1967-72 C10 Truck LS/LT Swap System Info Thread

Hey Todd,

Just a little product feedback. I got my BHS511 motor mounts and 71222024HKR Crossmember today. Everything fits great. The only thing strange is the bolts provided for the motor mounts have a very small head. I'm not using them anyway but they are definitely not appropriate for the job. I do appreciate the flange nut and bolt, but the flange on the 3/8-16 x 1 bolts is too small.

Jason Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:23 PM   #2
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Banks View Post
Hey Todd,

Just a little product feedback. I got my BHS511 motor mounts and 71222024HKR Crossmember today. Everything fits great. The only thing strange is the bolts provided for the motor mounts have a very small head. I'm not using them anyway but they are definitely not appropriate for the job. I do appreciate the flange nut and bolt, but the flange on the 3/8-16 x 1 bolts is too small.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm going to have someone look into the specific hardware as I don't believe that is what is called for on the BOM for those brackets. Update: I've confirmed that the type of bolts packaged with the kit you received are not what was intended to be used by Holley engineering and the supplier has been notified that a correction is needed on future production runs.

Last edited by toddoky; 01-14-2020 at 10:36 AM.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 08:16 PM   #3
Davidf

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddoky View Post
I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm going to have someone look into the specific hardware as I don't believe that is what is called for on the BOM for those brackets. Update: I've confirmed that the type of bolts packaged with the kit you received are not what was intended to be used by Holley engineering and the supplier has been notified that a correction is needed on future production runs.
My engine stand kit came with the same bolts. Will source 3/8-16x1 grade 8 replacements and use washers. I think it would dangerous to use the bolts as supplied.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:00 AM   #4
EddyC

For those who have installed the kit, does the taller extension pipe between the H pipe and muffler go on the driver or passenger side? The instructions say there is a notch on the drivers side extension, but I don't see it.

Thanks!
Eddy
EddyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 08:21 PM   #5
Davidf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Banks View Post
Hey Todd,

Meant to quote this post...

Also, forgot to mention, one bolt was smaller than all the rest (5/16")

Last edited by Davidf; 05-24-2021 at 12:26 PM.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote