The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
Travis K

Not so new project 1970 K10

I have been hanging around this site for a little over 3 years now, and have learned a lot from everyone. I have decided to finally start my own build thread. I actually started my build a few years ago, but progress was slow at best. Between getting married, going to military schools (I am active duty in the North Dakota National Guard), and being deployed, I haven't been able to make much progress. I get back from my current deployment soon, and I plan on really getting started on this project when I get home.

I have always wanted to do a frame off on a 67-72 Chevy truck. I had a '69 K10 that I started back in high school, but the parents didn't really care for the space it took in the garage. I had them sell it for me the summer that I went to basic training. Years later, I had a few extra bucks (and my own garage), so I decided it was time to get started. I couldn’t find a K10 in my area that was in decent shape, so I purchased a 1970 LWB C10. The body was in good shape, with minor rust in the floorpan, rockers, and cab corners. Then, through a friend, I found a cheap ’68 K10. The body on the K10 was in pretty rough shape, but the chassis was straight and in good condition. Here are some pictures of what I had to start out with:

Last edited by Travis K; 06-17-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Travis K is offline   Reply With Quote