The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
Bigo Serge

Confused 4L80e computer compatible??

Hello everyone,
I am getting frustrated
I have a 03 LQ4 and just bought a 4l80e from some dip sh*$, he says the tranny is from a 07 box truck, when I called wait4meperformance, they told me the 03 computer and the 07 tranny are not compatible. . In my current research, I have not seen a difference in the years from 2000 and newer. Am I missing something?? All I see is two speed sensors and the harness input. Thanks for any explanation on this matter.

My questions...How can I find out if the tranny is REALLY a 07 4l80e, and what do I need to do to make this work??
Old 03-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
1tonjimmy

Re: Confused 4L80e computer compatible??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigo Serge View Post
Hello everyone,
I am getting frustrated
I have a 03 LQ4 and just bought a 4l80e from some dip sh*$, he says the tranny is from a 07 box truck, when I called wait4meperformance, they told me the 03 computer and the 07 tranny are not compatible. . In my current research, I have not seen a difference in the years from 2000 and newer. Am I missing something?? All I see is two speed sensors and the harness input. Thanks for any explanation on this matter.

My questions...How can I find out if the tranny is REALLY a 07 4l80e, and what do I need to do to make this work??
The computer can be flashed to do anything you want it to with right guy programming it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by 1tonjimmy; 03-15-2011 at 10:45 PM.
1tonjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #3
usmcchevy
Has more rust than truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tonjimmy View Post
The computer can be flashed to do anything you want it to with right guy programming it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Key words here. I unfortunately have experience with Jesse. He does provide a service at a low price, but you get what you pay for.

LSx Swap FAQ index
usmcchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
1tonjimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcchevy View Post
Key words here. I unfortunately have experience with Jesse. He does provide a service at a low price, but you get what you pay for.
Even read some where that a guy used a Delphi computer to do rear steer on his rock buggy. Same principal as the quadra steer trucks GM choked on.
Posted via Mobile Device
1tonjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
Big Port Jimmy 6
Addicted to Rust

O7 up trannys use a separate trans controller. The trans controller is set up to work with the late 58x reluctor motors. Is it do able, maybe. Is it practical, no, just find a 06 back unit. It will be cheaper in the long run. Jay
87 GMC CCSB 5.3 4l60E Daily Driver

ECTA National record holder XO/PP

We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public.
Big Port Jimmy 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
clinebarger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigo Serge View Post
Hello everyone,
I am getting frustrated

GM didnt make any changes in the 4L80E for 07, They think its a 6L80E. 07 is a split year, The Silverado/Seirra Classic are a carry-over from 06. Tell them its a 06 4L80E
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
Bigo Serge

Thanks for everyones input. I called John at Speartech, he cleared up on what I need to do to make it work, I also have to mention.....finally the dealer was helpful too!! I spoke with a guy at the chevy/GMC dealer here in town, and he looked up the serial number to tell me it is a 99 4l80e.