The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #1
Speeddemon78

New Member trying to build a TRUCK

Well i've been lurking around on this site for sometime now. This site has been my index for information. This all started about 10 yrs ago when a purchased a 1972 Cheyenne my jounior year of high school. The truck was not in the best of shape but I worked hard to earn the money to puchase it. I was doing all I could to build a nice truck, even though I had no clue what I was doing. Anyway to shorten a long story I purchased a new engine for the truck from a somewhat local engine rebuilder that was suppose to be pretty reputable. Needless to say this is when my story takes a turn for the worst. After getting my engine 2 weeks later there was a knocking sound......... the piston had come loose from the crank. Took it back to him, for the warranty work. Was told that it would take him a few weeks to get to it. After a couple of weeks I went by the shop to check on the progresss..... needless to say I've not seen the owner of the shop nor my truck since.
But if I every see him its going to be a misunderstanding.

It took me a few years b/f I found my new truck. Its a 1971 custom deluxe its my baby. I've been working on it for a while now a little here and there, but now's the time for my dream to come true and finish my truck.
Attached Images

Speeddemon78 is offline   Reply With Quote