The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2020, 04:13 PM   #1
Baker819

Front suspension rebuild help

Before I get into all the details, after replacing everything besides the springs in the '69 C10's front suspension, my cotter pin holes don't line up right for all the ball joints. Its been awhile but I'm pretty sure I confirmed the tapers were matching. I'll tear it all back apart if I have to but I dont really want I dont really want too The other threads I read either claimed wrong taper size for one reason or another but I dont think thats the case.

Stacking hardened washers isn't a route I want to go down, I think I'd rather drill a new hole if needed. Any advice? I surely could use some

More details if you feel like reading it...

I've been putting off finishing my front end rebuild for years... yeah, I know that didnt make it easier. Started off with a-arms getting ruined at the media blasters, then struggling to find decent OEM replacement control arms. Then buying Porter Built control arms waiting 3 months to get them, then they had issues and needed to be sent back and waiting another 2 months or so to get them back and I lost most interest finishing it.

It's basically all back together but my ball joint cotter pin holes are off by quite a bit. I read on other threads about incorrect taper size, which is not new to me. I bought Early Classic's stock height disc brake conversion spindles for it ( 1969 C10 ) which use 1969 ball joints. Every ball joint and wearable part was replaced. I used Moog for almost everything.

The upper ball joint boots where sitting bad when installed, so I swapped the upper ball joints for what came with the control arms and they worked a little better to keep water out.
Attached Images

Last edited by Baker819; 08-18-2020 at 04:39 PM.
Baker819 is offline   Reply With Quote