The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2014, 02:27 AM   #1
71_blaze

Bestop Soft top question

I just recently picked up a bestop soft top. Its missing all the brackets and bows and has a few stains in the windows. I called bestop and they said don't make them anymore. Any idea where I could get these? Are there any other manufacturers that make a kit that will work?

It seems that the stains on the windows are from mud. I would guess that it was never cleaned then put in storage. What works good for cleaning up the stains?
71_blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:32 AM   #2
my71gmc

Re: Bestop Soft top question

When I bought my Jimmy it had a never installed bestop soft top. I actually thought about selling it, but am not sure wiw? Would you mind sharing what you paid for yours.
my71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
ugly

I don't know if the clear plastic cleans up well. My windows are badly stained and scratched. The upholstery guy said replace the clear areas. The only problem is that the rest of the top is tired.

Would you be interested in selling your top or buying my bows and hardware? Seems like together we have one complete, good top. $300 for the bows and powder coated door frames. What would you want for the top? New from softopper is $850 complete.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
71_blaze

The top does have one small tear(2-3 inch) on the passenger side, about 8 inches above the rear window. The stains are basically a red tint on part of the plastic windows. Overall the condition of the vinyl is great although a few of the snaps would need to be replaced. I may be interested in parting with it if I cant find the brackets for reasonable price. I paid 300 for it but thought it had some hardware with it
71_blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #5
ugly

I would be interested in the top if you choose to sell. I would also entertain offers for the hardware.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
johnbasler

I have a complete top that I just took off mine. all hardware in good shape, will separate out whatever you need. has some bad stitching and one hole in the fabric. all windows in good shape. PM me your phone number, will sell reasonably.
johnbasler is offline   Reply With Quote