The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-07-2023, 02:56 PM   #1
treyvette17

Accelerator rod support

Anyone know where I can find the bracket that holds the accelerator Pedal rod to the mount that holds it to the firewall? Not exactly sure what it's called but I have attached a pic to show what I mean. Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.
Attached Images

treyvette17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 12:56 PM   #2
RustyPile

Re: Accelerator rod support

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyvette17 View Post
Anyone know where I can find the bracket that holds the accelerator Pedal rod to the mount that holds it to the firewall? Not exactly sure what it's called but I have attached a pic to show what I mean. Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.
With slight variations to the rod and pedal, this assembly is common among many GM models for a few years.. Mine came from an Oldsmobile.. A trip to your local pick-and-pull might reward your search...
RustyPile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 02:03 PM   #3
kwmech

I lost mine last summer when I was doing a cable conversion. I just made one out of a piece of 10g sheet metal scrap I had. The most irritating part was making the small slit in the center. I'm about 30 miles up in the hills and a trip to pick and pull is at least a 2-3 hour run and 60+ mile round trip. They can never answer if they have anything in stock. It's just come on down, pay the fee and take a look
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 12:40 AM   #4
RustyPile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
I lost mine last summer when I was doing a cable conversion. I just made one out of a piece of 10g sheet metal scrap I had. The most irritating part was making the small slit in the center. I'm about 30 miles up in the hills and a trip to pick and pull is at least a 2-3 hour run and 60+ mile round trip. They can never answer if they have anything in stock. It's just come on down, pay the fee and take a look
The things we go through just to keep these old trucks running...
RustyPile is online now   Reply With Quote