The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #576
67C10BUB

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackattack View Post
I'll get some pictures later...but here's the answer of how I did it.

First, I'm using corvette accessory brackets and an LS1 F-body A/C compressor. So it is a little different than the 5.3 truck A/C setup. Basically I connected the doc's block to the back of the compressor, put on the fittings, cut the A/C hoses to length and routed them. I marked the fittings and hoses, and then removed them and had the fittings crimped onto the hoses. Then re-installed.

I'm pretty sure this is the a/c adapter I used
http://www.docsblocks.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AA0443
Thanks for the info. Even though they are a little different, any help I can get is appreciated. Did you use the Doc's Blocks hose kit as well?
Old 11-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #577
Ackattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10BUB View Post
Thanks for the info. Even though they are a little different, any help I can get is appreciated. Did you use the Doc's Blocks hose kit as well?
No, I got the hoses from Old Air
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #578
Ackattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
What's the update on your ongoing brake dilemma? Did the new master cylinder sort it out?
The pedal has a better, more natural feel, but its still not able to lock up the brakes, but it still stop pretty darn quick. It also pulls to the one pass. side.

I need to get an alignment, and hopefully that will solve the pulling problem.

For the time being though, I've been very busy trying to get a job, get my house for sale, buy another house, and finish the 69 truck. Plus working overtime, so I haven't done anything on "bruiser". I guess I did manage to wash it and the car cover a few weeks ago It's the rainy season now and I live down a mile long pot hole filled gravel road, so I haven't taken it out for a long time

I'm hoping when I move that I won't be as busy, and won't have to wash it every time I drive it, so I can drive it more.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #579
mofo69

i was wondering how you wired the gas tank, did you just hook up the gray wire for fuel pump and the purple for the sender then delete the tank pressure sensor or whatever the hell it is? I stole the idea of using this tank from you so any help would be appreciated. also what did you do with the charcoal cannister as far as plumbing?
mofo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #580
Ackattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofo69 View Post
i was wondering how you wired the gas tank, did you just hook up the gray wire for fuel pump and the purple for the sender then delete the tank pressure sensor or whatever the hell it is? I stole the idea of using this tank from you so any help would be appreciated. also what did you do with the charcoal cannister as far as plumbing?
that wiring sounds right. check the f-body wiring diagram (also hooked up the fuel sending unit too.

I didn't do anything with the charcol cannister or evap and whatever other crap is on it. I haven't had any problems with it
Old 04-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #581
Ackattack

Figure I'll update my build thread.

The biggest news is that I now live in KS. We moved here in December and pulled my 68 behind our suburban from WA to KS. It was not a lot of fun. Through Oregon the roads were snow packed and going up one pass in 4wd I spun twice and the whole suburban shifted about half a lane. (we were going about 25) Talk about pucker factor when my truck was hooked up behind and my kid was in there with me (oh yeah, and the big moving truck with my car on a trailer was in front of me too).

Then in Wyoming the roads were closed for awhile, and that delayed us about 6 hrs. About 100 miles of slow going, but with no problems.

The only problem we had was a leaky trailer tire that I got taken care of quickly at the tire shop while my son and wife stayed at McDonalds playing....so no biggy.

Finally we got to KS a few days before christmas, closed on our house, and I put the truck in the garage (oversized single car garage). It pretty much stayed there until about March, and I got it out and washed it. All of the grime that was on it from the trip was still there. It did a number on the wheels, and now they kinda look crappy, so I may try to polish them up myself or just take them to a polisher.

Last weekend I finally got a little time. I replaced the power brake booster with a new one and the brakes seem to be working better. I may change out the MC to see if I can get a little better. Right now I'm using a 72 manual corvette MC. I think the 72 power corvette MC might have a bore size between the stock power truck MC and the manual corvette MC. Not 100% sure though.

After I got the brake booster installed me and a buddy went to a cruise in. It was fun showing the truck off a little, though it needs some work yet to be done. I might get there eventually.

As for the house, the garage here is small and all my tools barely fit, and I have no room to work (plus no 220V either). But that is all gonna change. We just agreed on an offer to buy another house (keeping the current one as a rental). The new house has an oversized 2 car garage (26x30) and a 30x30 detached garage. So I should have PLENTY of room to work on the trucks soon. Of course I will be needing an air compressor shortly since I sold my old one before we moved. That will be purchase #1 for the garage.

And of course this thread would be worthless without pictures so here they are:

Attached garage:

Detached garage:

Old 04-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #582
hotrodhomi

I'm Jealous. Congrats.
hotrodhomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #583
VA72C10
VA72C10

Congrats on the new house! Awesome workshop!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #584
Mechanic77

Welcome to Kansas
Old 04-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #585
mcbassin
Still Learning

Wow! I love the new shop and garage. You can never have too much space. Sorry to hear about the long journey. Sounds like you made some major changes to move all the way from the left to central America. Topeka isn't too far from where we deer hunt.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #586
BlazinC5

Dang, Sure wish I knew you were in spokane before ya moved.. I would have loved to have seen that truck in person.

My build, Restarted

05 Buell firebolt
94 1500 Z71
No rice for me,,, I'm full
BlazinC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #587
69CST-V

Welcome to Kansas. I lived in Topeka through my high school and College years. Hope to see ya around at some events this summer.

Company Trucks
69CST-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #588
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Glad the trip was safe and everything made it there pretty much in one piece.

Do you have a paved driveway to the new house now?

I am in the process of looking for a new place with some property, an attached garage and a shop just like you found. Nice score.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #589
Ackattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
Glad the trip was safe and everything made it there pretty much in one piece.

Do you have a paved driveway to the new house now?

I am in the process of looking for a new place with some property, an attached garage and a shop just like you found. Nice score.

yes....all paved roads (there is a small section of the driveway around the house going to the detached garage that only has gravel down, but it no big deal.

FYI, my house in WA is on 2.5 acres and has an oversized 3 car garage.....wanna move to Poulsbo?
Old 04-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #590
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Quote:
yes....all paved roads (there is a small section of the driveway around the house going to the detached garage that only has gravel down, but it no big deal.

FYI, my house in WA is on 2.5 acres and has an oversized 3 car garage.....wanna move to Poulsbo?
If only it was on a paved road

It would be nice but I am pretty anchored on the other side of the state with my whole family over here and a great job with a company I really like here too.

Good luck selling the house. Everything has gone down so much in value that people are having a hard time getting what they owe out of their homes when trying to sell. I'm probably going to end up keeping this one as a rental instead of just breaking even or losing a bit on selling it.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #591
Ackattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
If only it was on a paved road

It would be nice but I am pretty anchored on the other side of the state with my whole family over here and a great job with a company I really like here too.

Good luck selling the house. Everything has gone down so much in value that people are having a hard time getting what they owe out of their homes when trying to sell. I'm probably going to end up keeping this one as a rental instead of just breaking even or losing a bit on selling it.

Yeah our house in WA is currently rented out and after paying the property management we're loosing about $900/month. But that's better than loosing all of the payment each month.

We're hoping to put it back on the market next summer (hopefully the market will be a little better then)
Old 04-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #592
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Quote:
Yeah our house in WA is currently rented out and after paying the property management we're loosing about $900/month. But that's better than loosing all of the payment each month.

We're hoping to put it back on the market next summer (hopefully the market will be a little better then)
Ouch, that hurts. It could be worse. At least you found a renter to pay some of the cost.

Two of my fiends with rentals have been sitting on them empty not wanting to rent them out too cheaply just trying to keep the rif raf away.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #593
Ackattack

Finally closed on the house yesterday after jumping through a bunch of hoops from the bank.

Bruiser is now at its new home

Old 05-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #594
eagleuh1

Congratulations on the move. Now bring that thing down to the Petit Jean Car show in June in Arkansas.
eagleuh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #595
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Quote:
Finally closed on the house yesterday after jumping through a bunch of hoops from the bank.

Bruiser is now at its new home

Looks like you have plenty of light in there. Should be a great place to get some work done year round.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #596
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Glad to hear things are moving forward.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #597
thor

just read the whole build. what a journey. awesome truck! moved for work I'm guessing? who'd ya work for on the peninsula?

thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #598
mcbassin
Still Learning

Hey, glad to hear you finally got in the new house. Sucks about the one back west. The market here has gotten better. I'm sure it will rebound out there too. Just might take a little while.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #599
Ackattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
just read the whole build. what a journey. awesome truck! moved for work I'm guessing? who'd ya work for on the peninsula?
I worked for Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton for 7 years as an engineer. Moved back to KS to be closer to family with the kid and all.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #600

I know what you mean concerning banks. I am presently closing on a house as well. What a nightmare! I think they even wanted a paper trail on my sons Chuck-e-Cheese tokens!
5150.4.67 is offline   Reply With Quote