The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-11-2007, 01:03 AM   #1
watahyahknow

new 1996 body on old 1979 frame

hello everyone i was wondering if anyone tried to put a frame from a 1979 shortbed C10 pickup under a 1996 body and wat i need to change to the frame to get it to fit .

here in the netherlands we dont need to pay roadtax anymore once the car is older than 25 years they allso hammer the vinnumbers in the frame wish is why i need to put THAT frame under the newer truck , i like the newer bodystyle and have a 79 c10 wish has a body and bed thats beyond repair and since i need a new cab i figured i might as whell put on the newer style i like and transfer the vintag to that cab

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
toomanytoyz
Luv the Crewcabs

Re: new 1996 body on old 1979 frame

I did a similar Swap with a 89 Cab onto a 85 3/4 ton 4x4 Frame, Was a Lot of work. Had to make new mtg's for all Body Locations..............

Worked out ok on a 4x4 to make the New Mtg's as a Body Lift, Not Sure on a 2x4 How this may Work.............

Good Luck, Rick
Attached Images

toomanytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
watahyahknow

Re: new 1996 body on old 1979 frame

it seems to fit fine , i was worried about the distance from cab to front wheel and transmission/engine clearance at the firewall and toward the radiator , the door on the newer body seems to be longer and the front window more raked wish explanes the smaller distance between the door and wheelarch
i figured i needed to make new bodymounts , i was hoping to lay the newer chassis next to the old one and compare / measure the original mountings against the ones on the old frame .
no modifications needed to the framehorns front and back?

thanks verry mush for the picture , it helps me a lot

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote