The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2021, 10:03 AM   #16
LEEVON

Re: "Root Beer Float" 1976 Scottsdale

I don't have a ton of progress to update because unfortunately I hit a snag with the wiring. I obtained two dash harnesses, one from a board member out of a '77 and the other locally that was supposed to be from a '76. The '77 it turns out is quite a bit different and it had some cuts and splices. The '76 harness looked identical and was completely uncut, had all the same connectors, and looked plug and play but after I installed it I had no power. After some investigation I determined that it was actually a '75 harness and the harness is pinned different between '75 and '76. I can make the engine harness match, but it's going to be a chore.

I did get the tires and rally wheels mounted, and did a quickie resto on the gauge cluster. Plus I installed Cerwin Vega 6x9 speakers in new cab corner brackets and a new Retrosound 4x6 dual voice coil speaker in the dash. I found a decent original seat under that cover except a small tear and decent carpet. I also bought some sport mirrors, new sill plates, and door seals. I can't wait to get the electrical sorted and driving again, but this is definitely not my favorite work. It does make me feel good to make everything "work" like it should.
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 11-30-2021 at 10:14 AM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote