The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > 67-72

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
Rokcrln

67 hood on a 69-72 LFD style

LFD's How-To
67 hood to a 69-72 grill shell!

Well for starters this is not a new idea that I came up with just a mod I wanted to do and document for anyone else who may want to give it a try. First thing you will need is a 67-68 hood as well as the front hood brace out of a 69-72 hood. The 67-68 hood is about 1.5" longer than it's newer brother but hte hindge mounting points are the same so you just need to shorten up the front and change out the front brace were the latch mounts (atleast that is the way I did mine).

I first took a 70 hood off my 2WD Blazer and cut the front out of it because the rest of it was in very bad "Bondo" shape. I then took a 68 hood I had in storage and removed the front brace from it like I did the 70. I chose to cut the hoods along the ridge of the front brace because this is a very easy section to align and weld since both hoods are the same in this area and welding on a ridge like this will produce very little if any warpage. I did lay out my cuts and I cut the 68 hood right down the top center of the ridge while I cut the 70 hood a bit past center of the ridge to give me som room to play with and trim later for a good fit.
Attached Images