The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
1956cameo

1941 Suburban

This thread is really for my dad (Muleman100) who just bought a 1941 Suburban to go with his 1941 Stakebed. The suburban was purchased from an 84 year old man in Reno, NV who owned it for the last 42 years. He said that he paid $100 and two small gold nuggets worth about $70 for it. He drove it while he lived in Nevada and while he lived in San Diego. I do not know if he ever lived in San Francisco but we did find a 1966 Chevron map of San Francisco in the glove box and a ticket from the city of San Francisco for being illegally parked rolled up in between some of the roof panels. The previous owner said that the old 216 gave up the ghost years ago and a more modern 235 was put in its place. After running the cast numbers we were able to determine that it was a 1953 235 originally put into a truck with a hydroboost set up. The reason why it has Mexico license plates is that he said he had relatives down there register it down there because it was cheaper than paying California registration.

You will have to forgive the gas can on the fender. It has been a couple of years since the suburban was driven regularly and want junk to get into the carburator.

The original color was green but the previous owner re painted it brown and called it the "Root Beer" truck.

The plan is to get it mechanically sound and drive it the way it is for a while and than in 2 or 3 years tear it completely apart for a total restoration.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote