The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
jiggityjoe87

I've hit a ROUGH patch

In the past six months I feel like my life has been turned upside down and then puréed in a blender and all the while I am up to my eyeballs in my LT1 swap In my 1970 suburban. This is not meant to be a sob story or a pity party. I am looking for real advice on what everybody else would do in my situation. To give you a brief breakdown I have been maintaining my property all by myself (a lot of work) for the last 7 months because in order to clear up my wife's immigration papers she had to go back to Mexico. Keep in mind it has taken over 7 months and the American agency which shall remain nameless To not even begin processing our papers. With that in mind I have been unemployed for the last 5 months since I am a seasonal firefighter in California so I work 6 months In the summer and then get laid off in the winter. So money is pretty tight, oh and I visited my wife last November in Mexico and got her PREGNANT. Trust me I am really excited to have a baby on the way, I just thought that my wife would be home by now. So with all things considered I still have my Efi swap which is 60% complete. Everyday I have different projects pulling me away from working on the burb. I never want to give up on a project because it just makes me sick to my stomach to "throw in the towel" and whenever I work in the garage I am always working by myself which makes it difficult to do certain things yourself (ex. Installing a hood). So basically the way I see it I have a few options

1 keep the burb and be persistent until I get it running and then Have the ultimate family truckster

2 sell the burb as a project with the lt1 and lose a ton of money that I have invested

3 remove the lt1/tranny and sell the Rolling chassis and save the lt1 for a future project when I have more money

I don't want to sound like a downer but I have no one else that I can bounce my ideas off of, and the best crowd that I can think of is fellow suburban owners
Posted via Mobile Device
1972 Nova 355 Hauls A$$
jiggityjoe87 is offline   Reply With Quote