The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #11
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Good point, but this truck will probably never be sold. I did it this way for a couple reasons. The floor pans are adhesived in with SEM body panel adhesive. You have to use either rivits or screws to clamp it in for curing because of the location. I figured the rivits would be good extra strength so I used aluminum ones (corrosion resistant) directly into the cab supports underneath. They will be under sound deadener and carpet and will be much easier to take out later (heaven forbid more rust in 30 years) than the original spot welds were. Many, if not most body shops are using these adhesives now, as are the manufacturers. I'm not using it for any structural areas. If anything, this method is easier than welding, and will seal the metal better from corrosion (like between the floor and cab supports), and has proven to be very strong.
See, i knew i missed something. That is true. They are gluing bedpanels on now to. Good point. I like the way you think.

Have you done any of your own tests, like gluin two pieces of metal together and see how hard it is to get a apart???
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote