The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2008, 03:45 AM   #1
turbohacker
PISS POOR

Project Slammed 67 longbed

Hello all! I have been a member here for a few months now and I would like to first of all thank you for this site, it has become an extremely valuable resource in building my truck!

This is my first vehicle and my first build. I am 16 years old and I got the truck about a year ago. The truck was a very straight, mostly rust free farm truck with a flatbed hay boom on the back. I picked it up for free. I didn’t have a motor, trans, bed, or passenger fender + inner fender.

Since getting the truck I have replaced the fenders, courtesy of early classics, replaced the front trim and bumper, gotten a bed (again early classics) and rebuilt the entire drive train. I have also bagged th truuck all the way around but am still waiting on valves and copressors, it is sitting on the axles and bump stops. The motor I originally put in it was a rebuilt corvette 327 (bored 30 over) with a forged crank, 10:1 pistons, 202 gasser heads (after a three angle valve job) elelbrock lifters and an rv style cam, (don’t remember the specs on it) elelbrock aluminum intake, edelbrock elec choke carb. The clutch is stock corvette and it has a granny four speed at the moment. The rear end is rebuilt with 3.73 gears and five lug axles. The front end is rebuilt with 72 disc brakes and stock spindles (also all new ball joints, hem joints, ECT.)

Unfortunately the first motor threw a rod because im an idiot and totally forgot to torque the rods So I had an old 350 machined and built it with the same parts-$800 later

So this is where I stand now. I have started the bodywork by filling the holes and doing other mods such as shaving drip rail, cab seam, ect... I plan on putting on my new doors with power windows and shaved handles and premiering it soon, however this my not happen because im on a high school budget...

My ultimate plans for the truck are to build a new frame and get it to lay out. I am also seriously in the market for a 12v Cummins diesel because gas is killing be and we make biodiesel for a buck a gallon anyways. So if anyone knows where one is, let me know! -end rant- -sorry

Ghetto camo!

She's got a great rear end!

Other rear...

Cool factory buckets with center armrest/ jumpseat (for sale at the right price)

Got a new door...

Need to fill that...

Did fill that!

And the only nice part on the truck!

Last edited by turbohacker; 05-10-2008 at 03:51 AM.
turbohacker is offline   Reply With Quote