The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2021, 08:17 PM   #11
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj847 View Post
I had an exhaust cutout on my sleeper 2002 chevy silverado and loved it. I loved pulling up to stop lights in my plain jane looking truck, then opening the cutout, and gassing it when the light turned green. Super fun at cruise nights as well. And, it won't piss off the neighbors.
Thanks CJ. This is the info (or bias confirmation haha) I was looking for. I'll be adding exhaust cutouts to my build plans for sure. Will need to research what is needed at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Honestly, round one with your truck was the kind of build that is nearest and dearest to my heart. Keep it running and fix and improve things while you go. I can understand though that there were certain spots, especially in the body work that could eventually get away from you without addressing them. So I'm watching your off - frame restoration with interest. You are using a lot of nice parts and are extremely organized. Personally, I would avoid cutting body panels when you don't need to. That would rule out in-body exhaust exits for me. It is still happening at a prodigious rate on custom trucks, but it is a fad and has been going on for quite some time. From my perspective, we will see less of them in two or three years and I doubt anybody will be doing it 5 years from now. Some guys can update their trucks as styles change. I have to work on mine for the long haul, so that's how I think. I will enjoy following as you progress. Thanks for taking the time to show us.
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate your input on body exit exhausts. I am back and forth on it right now, but I'm definitely taking what you have said here into consideration. Keep checking back for updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Truck_Fan View Post
Nice progress! Love the center cap modifications and that meticulously organized and clean shop. Keep it up!
Thanks. The center caps are my favorite so far too. Check back though, I have some even cooler stuff planned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevys4life View Post
You have a nice build project that is coming along nicely!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
I have done this on my 1969 C10 and this is what i can tell you. I love the look, BUT beware the sound will be louder to those in the cab, and if you listen to exhaust to see how it sounds, and see if you can hear a miss, ya that is not happening. Not sure if this is what you are looking at in reference to the side exhaust, but i have it, i love the look but there are a few things i listed that maybe you wont like. Great build so far!!!
It sounds like you love the look as much as I do. As far as the sound goes, exhaust cutouts will give me the option to control when and what I hear inside the cab. Thanks for the input Stanger! Keep checking back...
Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote