The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2021, 07:45 PM   #1
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Easiest. Oil Change. Ever.

Maybe not, but with everyone complaining about how hard new stuff is to work on and how oil filters get placed in impossible to reach places... it was nice to actually do an oil change on our 2020 2.0L Turbo Equinox.

I also own a 2015 Z71 I bought new as well as a 2011 Mustang V6 we bought new. Let's compare...

What makes this one so easy? When you unscrew the oil pan bolt the oil drops straight down. Literally, straight down. Start to finish. Z71 and Mustang? Both shoot oil 3 foot to the side when you pull the plug. Makes pan placement a guess at best and I usually have to start sliding it back towards the plug once the flow starts to subside.

What about the oil filter? Easy spot to get a wrench on, nothing to remove, and you install it "up" so you can pre fill it and get it full! Z71 also installs up, but it's near the exhaust, and I've burn a few knuckle hairs over the years. Mustang? You have to remove a big plastic cover each time and it mounts sideways. Insert fog horn, whah, whah, whaaaaah.....

Filling it up? Super easy. Just needs a funnel and it drops straight down into the motor. Mustang is easy as well. Big Z? I, no joke, HAVE to have a step stool. I can not reach the damn thing.

So, with so many complaints on difficult oil changes, this one was a breeze, and a happy father's day from this first time dad

PS. We won't talk about the fact you can't even see spark plugs and/or wires... that's for another day...
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 06-20-2021 at 07:56 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote