The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #10
1MADTEXAN

1MADTEXAN's projects

I finally got off my rear and headed down to my friend's holding pen and took some pics of my 3 AD projects that I bought from him for $1k total. He got them as a lot from a farm where they'd supposedly been bought all at the same time from a local dealer way back in '49.

I did a lot of poking and prodding on them all and I was happy to find that per the usual case in West Texas there wasn't a spot where rust had eaten through a panel.

This one is complete will be my streetrod build. I've already got the front and rear suspension from a C4 Corvette to go under it with a Flat Out kit and it may end up with an airbag kit too.

Ideally I'll get an LS series engine from a local wrecking yard to drop in it, but we'll see what I end up with when I get down the line with the build.

The least complete truck is the one I considering channeling down over a ratrod style frame, but after more discussion with some local friends we're going to do an old school bobtail runabout that was popular in my local area in the 50s and 60s.

It's already just a frame with a cab and front fenders, which is basically all a bobtail runabout is when complete, so it almost naturally worked itself out this way.

I've got a running '89 9C1 Caprice former sheriff's department car with a 350, 700R4 and 3.42 geared posi rearend that will supply the running gear once the truck chassis is ready to go.

The truck in the middle from the 1st pic I intend to build into a pro street style racer with a blown big block, but that will be way down the line once the other 2 are finished (and if my wife decides she has to have a '49 for her own then this will be the victim).

Last edited by 1MADTEXAN; 06-07-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Fixed an IMG link.