The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
texasld

Re: Project "Leon "

I was reading in another post from a few years back that you had commented in about getting your axles welded and re drilled for a 5 lug application. Where did you have them done. We live in the same area and I would love to just drive them over to the shop.
2010 Harley Street Glide

Check Out My Build!: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=617981
texasld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #2
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasld View Post
I was reading in another post from a few years back that you had commented in about getting your axles welded and re drilled for a 5 lug application. Where did you have them done. We live in the same area and I would love to just drive them over to the shop.
What bolt pattern are you wanting? I still have the axles/drums in storage. They ultimately got swapped for new, stronger, aftermarket Moser axles.

The guy to know is Mike Minnette...

Minette Enterprises @ 972-241-7184 (last # I have for him). Not sure if he's still doing them (re-drilling axles) or not as he did mine around 1990 (?). I know I sent a guy I work w/his way a few weeks ago to re-drill the pattern on some custon/import wheels & he did them.

Super nice guy too.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
texasld

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
The guy to know is Mike Minnette...

Minette Enterprises @ 972-241-7184 (last # I have for him). Not sure if he's still doing them (re-drilling axles) or not as he did mine around 1990 (?). I know I sent a guy I work w/his way a few weeks ago to re-drill the pattern on some custon/import wheels & he did them.

Super nice guy too.
Called the number, seems to still be around. The VM is great! I love business like this! Thanks for the contact.
2010 Harley Street Glide

Old 03-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
SCOTI

Quote:
Called the number, seems to still be around. The VM is great! I love business like this! Thanks for the contact.
If you've been in this area for a while, he built a street legal sprint car back in the late 80's that was in Hot Rod magazines 'dare to be different' type story. A different guy owns it now but it stops in @ Kellers several times during the 'cruise' season. Pretty cool ride....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 04-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #5
texasld

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
If you've been in this area for a while, he built a street legal sprint car back in the late 80's that was in Hot Rod magazines 'dare to be different' type story. A different guy owns it now but it stops in @ Kellers several times during the 'cruise' season. Pretty cool ride....
Hey Scoti, Is this the car?
http://www.empireexoticsales.com/0_C..._225066159.veh
2010 Harley Street Glide

Old 04-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #6
SCOTI

Quote:
Hey Scoti, Is this the car?
Yep... That's the one.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 04-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #7
texasld

The rest of my CCP order has come in. The Gas tank is still on back order through brothers, but I can deal. Not like I need it anytime soon.

I have spent a few nights this week working on the tear down. This part is easy, the place the rubber meets the road it putting it back together and completing it.

I started by pulling the bed. I quit working on the bed for the time being because I can fiddle with that later. I need to focus on the suspension first.

Name:  No Axle.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  47.9 KB

Does not look like much work, but it is more than what it looks due to all the rusty and dirty bolts. 3 favorite tools right now? Torch, PB Blaster and a BFH.

Name:  Front End Taredown.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  53.8 KB

I actually have all the front end off, but I snapped this picture half way through. Take a notice to all the dirt on the floor. The flat head screw driver works great as a dirt chisel. Every time I smacked a ball joint stud.... Well there went 2 and a half years of crud!

This seems to be my stopping point every evening. Spring is here in Texas and that mean's bugs. Although its only April, somethings think June is in full swing.

Name:  FRIGGHEHTHRJDBEJH.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  36.4 KB

I hate these little BAjf;laqskj d'lfk a'l;skjd f... I hate them. I'm not wigged out about them, they are just annoying. Smacking me in the head and buzzing around. I just want to chase after them with my torch!
2010 Harley Street Glide