The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #826
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Post your C/L finds for everyone to enjoy!

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...413103401.html

Check this out. Pricey for the amount of rust but it could be a helluva nice truck. I’d bring it back fairly stock since it still has the original Pontiac engine. I’d just static lower it and put 17” wheels on it, no bigger. Use it to tow my boat!
Attached Images

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 03:54 PM   #827
Dannny B

It has an interesting hydravac brake booster
Dannny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 12:02 AM   #828
MiraclePieCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...413103401.html

Check this out. Pricey for the amount of rust but it could be a helluva nice truck. I’d bring it back fairly stock since it still has the original Pontiac engine. I’d just static lower it and put 17” wheels on it, no bigger. Use it to tow my boat!
DANG, it already sold before I even had a chance to see the ad! What was the asking price?
Old 11-28-2021, 02:38 AM   #829
mr48chev

My then step father tried to talk my mom into getting one just about like that in the late 50's and she wouldn't have it and ended up with a 58 Merc colony park wagon.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:25 AM   #830
vintovka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
DANG, it already sold before I even had a chance to see the ad! What was the asking price?
12 (or 15) K think 12K
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 02:47 PM   #831
Dan in Pasadena

$12,500 obo

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:43 PM   #832
mr48chev

Meaning that they hope a few guys will get in a bidding war. I went out to buy a parts rig a few years back trailer in tow and cash in pocket to buy it on an OBO deal and made an offer that I thought was more than fair in cash green money and take it away now. The guy tells me that no- OBO means best offer over ______ and I could make a bid on it over what he had listed it for. Last I saw it was still sitting in the same spot several years later.

77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:19 PM   #833
1project2many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannny B View Post
It has an interesting hydravac brake booster
Was it anything like this? This one's in a '57 Pontiac.

The Jimmie engineers seemed to borrow heavily from Poncho back then. Same with Power Steering pump and box.

Last edited by 1project2many; 11-30-2021 at 12:41 PM.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:54 PM   #834
Dannny B

Think so
Dannny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:32 PM   #835
daveshilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Meaning that they hope a few guys will get in a bidding war. I went out to buy a parts rig a few years back trailer in tow and cash in pocket to buy it on an OBO deal and made an offer that I thought was more than fair in cash green money and take it away now. The guy tells me that no- OBO means best offer over ______ and I could make a bid on it over what he had listed it for. Last I saw it was still sitting in the same spot several years later.

Unfortunately, people routinely asking "what is your absolute bottom dollar price?" has created this..sellers can just ask the same question, right? "What is your absolute highest possible offer?"

I've had people make low offers, and I've countered with an offer above my initial asking price...why not, right? if a buyer can ask to put more money back in their pocket, well so can I.
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #836
dsraven

I've had guys respond to ads with "will you take 50% of asking price because that's all the money I have".
I usually respond with something like, "you should look within your budget range"
People can be pretty bold when they are not face to face.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:30 PM   #837
Russell Ashley

Quote:
I would have told him if that's what it meant then it would be BOO, not OBO.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:50 PM   #838
vintovka

WHen someone makes a too low offer i just politely say maybe next month.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:00 PM   #839
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshilling View Post
Unfortunately, people routinely asking "what is your absolute bottom dollar price?" has created this..sellers can just ask the same question, right? "What is your absolute highest possible offer?"

I've had people make low offers, and I've countered with an offer above my initial asking price...why not, right? if a buyer can ask to put more money back in their pocket, well so can I.
That is called bargaining. I don't mind that if the guy is standing in front of me and makes an honest cash offer. The problem in this area is the guys who send you a text with a low ball offer. That has saved me the trouble of figuring out how to haul a couple of clunkers to the scrap yard or calling the local wrecking yard to give them to. My long time friend who owned the yard I gave probably 30 cars to over the years just passed away last month after a long illness. I went to school with his whole family and his son in law is a friend of my son. I gave him a lot of hulks when scrap metal was too low for me to deal with hauling them 25 miles a pickup load at a time to the scrap yard. When scrap got real high there were guys buying clunkers and towing them 170 miles to the scrap yard in Portland Oregon and selling them. Towing them with a tow dolly.

That guy who told me that "best offer" meant the highest bid over a certain time and I was welcome to place a bid did mean bids over his listed price because I gave him an offer that matched the actual cash I had on me and he laughed and said no, that wasn't how it worked with him. He actually thought he was auctioning the rig off from that as the starting bid. I still don't know if he ever sold it but talked to another guy who had made an offer within pocket change of what I had made.

I don't like going anywhere to buy something that costs over about 500 with cash in my pocket anymore although 30 years ago I did it a lot. I'm looking into buying an OT car now and if i do it I'll have the seller go with me to the bank in his town to arrange a transfer of funds to him.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:34 PM   #840
mr48chev

Decent looking 57 3100 in Moses Lake WA. 25K seems a bit high for it in this area though.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...type=top_picks
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2021, 08:38 PM   #841
mr48chev

Now I'll see if I can post this on the right thread.

57 Chevy 5700 fuel truck with tank. Looks like it may have been driven in and parked in the line. When the oil companies went to bigger trucks for their local fuel delivery trucks some farmers around this area bought their old delivery trucks to use to fuel equipment on the larger farms.

Attached Images

Old 12-03-2021, 12:42 AM   #842
01spirit750

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
I've had guys respond to ads with "will you take 50% of asking price because that's all the money I have".
I usually respond with something like, "you should look within your budget range"
People can be pretty bold when they are not face to face.
This is definitely the new mode for selling anything.

I normally respond to email offers, that I only accept face to face offers.
if you accept an email or text offer, that just lowers the new starting price for them when they show up and try to negotiate you even lower.

I have sold some off topic cars and had some very odd responses, and many of the new norm text responses.

Examples:
I only have 1/2 of your asking price would you take? << No, call me back when you get all the money. (This was for a motorcycle, next person who showed up paid my fair asking price).

I will buy it, I am on my way, do not sell << This is your first message, you do not know where I am, where are you driving to? First person with cash in my hand gets the car.

What is your lowest price? << My listed price is my lowest price. I have 15 interested parties and one on the way right now. (This was true, selling a very low mileage, older Japanese car that is in high demand. Sold it to the first person, for 1.5x of KBB value.)

Last lesson, there is a coffee shop 3 minutes from my house. Meet me there, text me when you arrive and I will meet you there. < I never meet at my house. If they do not show up I am not concerned about someone showing up to my house at all hours of the day or night.
01spirit750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:57 AM   #843
vintovka

I like the last one about meeting someone at a place away from your home. If they sound hinky add: "To help you find me i'll be the one with a AR"
Old 12-03-2021, 03:17 AM   #844
MiraclePieCo

$9500

https://portland.craigslist.org/yam/...404561516.html
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2021, 04:02 AM   #845
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
I like the last one about meeting someone at a place away from your home. If they sound hinky add: "To help you find me i'll be the one with a AR"
I haven't packed on one of those deals yet but where I ask people to meet me is a safe place all around. More important people I don't know don't learn exactly where I live even though it is not a secret. If someone comes for a bigger item like a frame or a truck I have it out front ready to load and they don't get to "look around". If someone can see something from the road (400ft) and stops and asks about it that is one thing but if someone stops and asks about something that someone else saw in a shed without that person with them I am not going to be happy. Even then I'd rather have the person who knew about it to contact me and ask permission to bring someone out to see it and then I can get it out front.

Old 12-03-2021, 12:13 PM   #846
svr

Quote:
Decent looking 57 3100 in Moses Lake WA. 25K seems a bit high for it in this area though.

This rig was on an auction about a month ago, think it brought $14k something, don't think it sold.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:33 PM   #847
1project2many

Quote:
What is your lowest price? << My listed price is my lowest price. I have 15 interested parties and one on the way right now. (This was true, selling a very low mileage, older Japanese car that is in high demand. Sold it to the first person, for 1.5x of KBB value.)
For a long time I was upset at the laziness of today's younger buyer. I spent years learning to haggle, to feel out the seller or the buyer. Sometimes I make a new friend or at least a great acquaintance. I've gotten great deals on things I wasn't originally looking for, been given contact information for other folks with items I'm interested in, and even received job offers while discussing buying or selling something. I guess I feel rewarded because I learned to talk with folks.

Today's younger buyer is different and I have learned to work with them. This might be a CL ad for today's buyer as I see them.

"Buyer: Looking for easy profit. No strings attached. Quickly able to research value and price of item being sold. Will commit to anything if pressured. Doesn't care about seller's impression. Willing to move on."
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #848
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by svr View Post
This rig was on an auction about a month ago, think it brought $14k something, don't think it sold.
I'd say that 14 was an honest bid on it. I thought it looked familiar, I think they ran it through Mussler brothers in Pasco when they had their "classic" car auction.

Old 12-11-2021, 03:24 AM   #849
mr48chev

Said to be NOS 47/48 GMC chrome grill https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/p...419303584.html
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2021, 10:27 AM   #850
Russell Ashley

Quote:
Said to be NOS 47/48 GMC chrome grill https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/p...419303584.html
If I needed that I would jump on it. $550 is a good price for it I think.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote