The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2022, 06:00 PM   #1
rbagley

You found me a truck!

I’ve been a member here for a long time and have had a few of these trucks and a blazer over the years. All of them 1972s. I started with a really nice two tone medium olive/white c-20 custom camper Highlander that was awesome, but sold it. I regretted selling it as soon as it got loaded on the hauler and have continued regretting it ever since. Then I got the K5 blazer and didn’t do much with it. Ended up selling it and also regretting it. I had a couple more crappy ones after that, but have always been on the hunt for a pre-71 k20. I didn’t like all the brittle plastic parts on the 72 door panels and grill, and I didn’t like getting stuck in the snow with the 2WD. I also really wanted a wood bed, tan interior, and 4 speed manual.

It’s been about 7 years since I sold my last one and I was starting to get a little itchy. I got a new job that came with a little extra side money and started browsing casually. I nonchalantly mentioned it to my wife and she was more supportive than anticipated, and said this would be a good time to get another one, so I started browsing less casually. I almost pulled the trigger on a couple of decent ones, but they weren’t quite what I was looking for. I probably would have done it anyway if 68Bowtie hadn’t saved the day. He posted a 69 GMC k25 that checked every box. The only box it didn’t check was being a Chevy instead of GMC. I thought about it and couldn’t come up with any reason that I should care, and I like the extra headlights. I called the seller with some questions and negotiated a bit before buying it, sight unseen. I considered driving it up from southern cali to southern Washington, but the cost would have been about a wash, so I shipped it. I’m sure just about everyone who has bought a vehicle without seeing it is disappointed in some way(s), and I was as well. It was a little rougher in more areas than expected, but I’m confident that I can get it back in shape. My plan is to do an original restoration over the next 10 years or so.

Long story short, thanks for the heads up, and I’ll be around a lot more often with questions and pictures.

Here are some pictures of a couple of my previous ones, and the post that put me on the trail of my current one.
Attached Images

rbagley is offline   Reply With Quote