The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-15-2021, 06:34 PM   #51
72 tigger

Re: What would you do ?

Sorry about the headache grumpy- sounds like you’re handling this wisely
Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:10 AM   #52
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

I really don't know what I would do, what a story.

Sounds like the good guy here finally holds all the cards.

The sad part is, he didn't have to do much to satisfy your requests.... idiot....
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 01:24 AM   #53
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Oh , It gets crazier , The neighbors still taking care of the chickens ( Looking for a new home ) Neighbor told me the guy and his girlfriend were open carrying side arms while cutting trees and clearing brush Just in case they saw a snake ? As of July 1 open carry and concealed carry is legal in Tn without a permit, Wonderful !
I don't get this guy at all. They take the time & effort for chickens and now that he's errored he's ####-it? I guess we just drop everything when we've screwed up, but carry a gun, just in case "of snakes". That guy needs his (*^ kicked hard. He'll be a great neighbor for someone

Stay clear & use caution. You're lucky you don't have to live near him.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:46 AM   #54
Grumpy old man

The part of all this is it just shouldn't have happened at all , We didn't ask for any of this problem and yet now we have to deal with all of it . It just boggles my mind that after being in Tn for just a few weeks this guy researched property rights and no trespassing laws enough to paint my gate purple . But never checked the survey beforehand to make sure the land he was protecting was his. It's really moronic at best . We had the standard yellow No trespassing signs up and he tore them down and put up his own

https://www.tnlds.com/tennessees-gone-purple/
Attached Images

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:45 AM   #55
Getter-Done

Quote:
The part of all this is it just shouldn't have happened at all , We didn't ask for any of this problem and yet now we have to deal with all of it . It just boggles my mind that after being in Tn for just a few weeks this guy researched property rights and no trespassing laws enough to paint my gate purple . But never checked the survey beforehand to make sure the land he was protecting was his. It's really moronic at best . We had the standard yellow No trespassing signs up and he tore them down and put up his own

https://www.tnlds.com/tennessees-gone-purple/
I have lived here all my life.
I didn't know that.
Guess I am heading to the paint store.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:55 AM   #56
Grumpy old man

I've been here 15 + years and I never saw any purple signs or posts , I'm painting the gate red again , I don't think anyone would really want a purple gate leading into their property .

Old 09-17-2021, 08:07 AM   #57
Getter-Done

Quote:
I've been here 15 + years and I never saw any purple signs or posts , I'm painting the gate red again , I don't think anyone would really want a purple gate leading into their property .
Me Neither Just Kidding on the paint Store

I Got a nut that lives beside me.
After being here 20+ years , He's got old and fat.
He's calmed down now.
He sends his wife to talk if they need anything.

He once drove across 2 properties,
To ask what I was doing on the back side of MY property.

My new neighbor that was between him and I,
Was putting up a fence for his horses.

That fence was going to block access to the back of his place.

He asked (What are you fencing IN)???

My Response was (YOU)

Old 09-17-2021, 12:54 PM   #58
Just call me Sean

From what I've heard, purple fence posts and gates mean trespassers will be shot on sight.
Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 12:59 PM   #59
67C10Step

Purple paint has been a no hunting/trespassing standard here in Arkansas for quite a while. Most folks take heed of it but some still do not.

I certainly hope this comes out on your side, Grumpy. I think you have all the cards on your side it's just going to be a huge pain in the rear to get made right. Everyone makes mistakes, it's what you do after the mistake that tells everyone what kind of person you are.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:31 PM   #60
LS short box

In Montana a red painted fence posts means no trespassing. You have to have verbal and or written permission. When we hunt in MT we use a Garmin with a plat map app. Works great. Makes finding public land a snap.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:20 AM   #61
best view

How did you do with this jerk
best view is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:43 AM   #62
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by best view View Post
How did you do with this jerk
He left a message on my phone saying he hired an attorney and his attorney wanted us to join them in their lawsuit against the real estate company and broker / title company . I told him to have his attorney contact ours and that hasn't happened . it's going to be awhile before anything starts to happen . The chickens he left there have a new home and I'll be going down to clean up the mess they left .

He did abandon any work on the lot he did buy after cutting down another large tree and taking down the power line on the road.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:28 PM   #63
Nick_R_23

Wait, so this guy actually did buy another lot and screwed up stuff on that one too??
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:23 PM   #64
72c20customcamper

Quote:
He left a message on my phone saying he hired an attorney and his attorney wanted us to join them in their lawsuit against the real estate company and broker / title company . I told him to have his attorney contact ours and that hasn't happened . it's going to be awhile before anything starts to happen . The chickens he left there have a new home and I'll be going down to clean up the mess they left .

He did abandon any work on the lot he did buy after cutting down another large tree and taking down the power line on the road.
Guy sounds like a real winner taking out power lines can get expensive. Seen some really fubar cuts and tree falling in my time . This one of his cuts
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:31 PM   #65
LT7A

The thing that gets me, is the lock. If he hadn't been given keys that fit the lock on the access to the property, then he probably ought to dig a little deeper. On the one hand, he might think it's just an oversight. But on the other hand, wouldn't he want to make sure?

GOM, I don't think you should get involved in his lawsuit. You don't want to have anything to do with this guy. He is not a rational thinker and is reactive. Your quarrel is with him - HIS quarrel is with them. You don't want to allow him to deflect your legal efforts on to the property sales company. He's the one who messed up your land, so he has to make restitution.

Last edited by LT7A; 10-01-2021 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Change personal pronouns for clarity
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:31 AM   #66
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Guy sounds like a real winner taking out power lines can get expensive. Seen some really fubar cuts and tree falling in my time . This one of his cuts
Boy, that’s a real winner!
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:45 AM   #67
kwmech

Quote:
That is something really scary there ---I'm no logger, but I have sure cut down my share of trees up to 40'' across. I'd be running from that. How do you even get a rope on that at this point to help control it somewhat
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:36 AM   #68
4u2nv

Quote:
Does he have two brothers Curly and Moe .
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:05 AM   #69
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
I've tried and tried but I just can't get this tree to break. Guess I'll just have to cut it down after all.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:43 AM   #70
Getter-Done

Quote:

Is he sure that he is on the (Correct ) property this time???

Old 09-26-2021, 11:12 AM   #71
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

This is one crazy story, that I hadn't seen until now. Then I read the whole thing.
First off, you were way nicer about it than I would have been. It's just lucky that the neighbor contacted you so quickly. There are some really stupid laws out there that would have given him some substantial rights in this mistake if it had been allowed to continue too long.

I have no idea how TN law works, but here in OH, he would have had to buy Title Insurance to cover exactly this kind of thing.
(I bought my grandmother's house through dad and the lawyers when she was no longer capable of living alone. Even though she had owned the property for over 70 years, I was still required to buy Title Insurance. It was cancelable after two years IIRC?, which I did, but it was still required by law at closing and for a reasonable time after.)
At that point, the Title Insurance company would be involved and fighting it out with the real estate company.
The man, though an @$$hole through his actions with you, was mostly innocent (at least initially). He really should have questioned things quite loudly when the address was "wrong" and should have done nothing until clearing that up first.

Whether he knows it or not, this guy's best bet would have been to buy it from you, pretty much regardless of that price. Then he would still at minimum have an asset, even if he is theoretically upsidedown in it, because it put you into a "name your price situation". He could have saved the cost of an appraisal to assess the actual value of the trees. As it is, he has money out on another piece of property that he cannot develop, has money involved with lawyers, whatever fines/fees that occur via the court system and he had paid someone to do the tree cutting in the first place. None of these costs equates to an asset, they are all just money thrown away.
Then he has to deal with the county (or whoever controls this) over cutting the trees if they were somehow "untouchable" per local laws/rules. This may fall onto the company that actually did the cutting, assuming that they needed some kind of permits to do this and avoided them but that is none of your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:06 PM   #72
'63GENIII

Quote:
Id be afraid of that thing barber chairing on me. Sketchy...

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:10 AM   #73
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by '63GENIII View Post
Id be afraid of that thing barber chairing on me. Sketchy...
Glad to say the tree came down after a professional was brought in . Guy is is on an arborist board I'm on
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 05:35 AM   #74
special-K
Special Order

Just purple paint is enough to treat a person as knowingly trespassing? Just a color, no words? Some people are color blind and the sun can fade colors into other colors. I don't know what's so complicated about writing down two words that clearly state trespassing isn't allowed. And if you can't write you can buy no trespassing signs any number of places and they are cheaper than a McDonald's hamburger. If you know about the law that's one thing. But what about people coming from other areas, often the case with trespassing.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 06:13 AM   #75
67 twins

Yes just a color. It's been that way in Missouri for a long time. The problem with signs is trespassers & poachers will just tear them down.
72 C1500 Sierra Grande 350 TH350 longbed fleetside=wife's fair weather truck
Can you tell we are fans of longbed fleetsides & 67s
Chris
67 twins is offline   Reply With Quote