The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2023, 06:28 PM   #1
Rickysnickers

1963 steering question

I'm unfamiliar with this generation of truck. My friend and his son are rebuilding this truck. It has a 250 inline 6 cylinder. Are there power steering brackets for this year truck?
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 08:53 PM   #2
AcampoDave

Re: 1963 steering question

Sure, just reach out to captainfab here on the forum. He makes them and has sold a ton of them
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 01:04 PM   #3
GranPanteraRoja
Luchador

If you need the frame brackets for the power steering box there are plenty of options such as CaptainFab and others.

If you mean the brackets for the power steering pump then it's a bit more tricky. OE L6 P/S brackets are semi-rare and can be a challenge to find a complete set but do pop up on eBay. If you want something economical you can go to Davis Speed Equipment and they have multiple layout options. Another location is Performance Online and they have a very nicely designed set. Lastly, it appears Key Parts are reproducing an OE-style P/S bracket set for 230/250s but it was advertised as from 67-74 and I haven't seen any reviews on it to confirm they will work correctly.

Davis Speed
POL
JEGS
GranPanteraRoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 07:03 PM   #4
Rickysnickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranPanteraRoja View Post
If you need the frame brackets for the power steering box there are plenty of options such as CaptainFab and others.

If you mean the brackets for the power steering pump then it's a bit more tricky. OE L6 P/S brackets are semi-rare and can be a challenge to find a complete set but do pop up on eBay. If you want something economical you can go to Davis Speed Equipment and they have multiple layout options. Another location is Performance Online and they have a very nicely designed set. Lastly, it appears Key Parts are reproducing an OE-style P/S bracket set for 230/250s but it was advertised as from 67-74 and I haven't seen any reviews on it to confirm they will work correctly.

Davis Speed
POL
JEGS
Thank you!! Sorry, I was referring to the actual engine mounting brackets for a power steering pump.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote