The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2023, 12:47 PM   #51
sakustoms

Re: Artificial Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
If you have an Alexa or Echo device (I call them spies), ask them if they are always listening. You get a very lengthy/legalese reply. Pay attention they say they only “record” when you address them. But I have no doubt they are always listening (no denial there), and I’m sure they consider keeping data about your conversations is not “recording” in the strict sense.
I was sitting talking at dinner last night with my daughter and her boyfriend about the chicken I made on my smoker. The subject got around to pulled pork and I said I wanted to make it again since I hadn't in a while.

Today I went on my fb feed and lo and behold there was a new memory from 1 year ago and it was my posting from when I last made pulled pork.

sakustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 12:58 PM   #52
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I was talking to my wife the other day and she asked why I was whispering.

I told her that Mark Zuckerburg might be listening.

Then she laughed, Siri laughed, Alexa laughed.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 01:12 PM   #53
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 02:36 PM   #54
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySons68C20 View Post
Me too! I don't give 2 sheets whatever.....
This is good, let’s talk about this. Let's see if I can change your mind! The collection of data so what. You can see, based on what I wrote in post #4 about systems that identify patterns.
What patterns? And, so what! Let’s keep this simple, and talk about pattern of behavior; because this whole data collection thing can get really complicated.
We are the patterns… patten of behaviors. You see, it’s our pattens of behavior that make us unique. And you need data history to identify patters of behavior. It’s my patterns of behavior that make me uniquely me. I react differently to my biometrics (you know all the data they're not grabbing at real time; heart rate and what not). What does that mean? It means if you suddenly have to urinate, you may only have 20 minutes to get to a toilet, others may have only 2 minutes or 2 hours; based on their ability to control their bladder. The longer you wait the more stressed you become, the more stressed you become the more your biometrics change (heart rate, sweating and whatever else) and thus your behavior changes (you’re feeling better, or worse, happier or more aggressive).

At real time analytical systems can know how likely you are to use a public restroom after you leave your house based on: how much liquid you drank and last time you used the bathroom(oh BS it doesn’t know that maybe, maybe not).

Predictive behavior analysis (we think it’s only used for marketing and consumer behaviors).

The Police love the idea of all this.

Let’s see an example of a predictive behavior analysis, a use case or implementation based on our captured biometrics history and real time data to decide if we are a danger, and assign us with a severity level. Here we go.

Why do we speed in our cars?

The police example:

Scenario 1 – Officer follows a vehicle exceeding the mandated limit by 25+ mile per hour. The officer speaks the license plate number into the system. The system responds. The drivers face comes up on the screen. With reason for dirvers speeding and statistics to help the officer decide how to proceed.

Biometrics := severe
Current Disposition := Urine attack
Safety := Highway - Low
Aggression Probability := Low
History := Safe Driver
Sex : Male

Officer follows the vehicle. It pulls off at services. Office observes driver trot to restroom. Officer disengages and resumes patrol duties.

Scenario 2 - Officer follows a vehicle exceeding mandated limit by 15+ Mph. This time:

Biometrics := moderate
Current Disposition := loud music in vehicle, singing in vehicle.
Safety := intercity - Moderate
Aggression Probability := Low
History := Moving Violations
Sex : Female

Officer makes routine traffic stop, driver receives citation.

Scenario 3 – Officer follows a vehicle exceeding the mandated limit by 20+ Mph. System feedback.

Biometrics := Server
Current Disposition := Aggressive language, driver pounding steering wheel. Last 10 minutes: Domestic dispute, verbal altercation with threats of violence.
Safety := intercity - High
Aggression Probability := High
History := Arrest record, moving violations
Sex : Male

Officers calls in request to slot driver. Three minutes later: One patrol car in front of vehicle one to the side and two in the rear. Vehicle is pulled over. Driver is ordered out of vehicle at gun point. Driver puts up no resistance. Driver is cuffed, harassed and ultimately given a citation for exceeding the speed limit.

There you have it. You like this? I don’t. I don’t like the intrusion of any of the three scenarios (period).

I don't care if I'm peeing in my backyard or yanking my chain. It's my business... I ain't no zoo animal that doesn't mind being watched.

More food for thought anyway.

j
Old 05-30-2023, 02:43 PM   #55
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

Hilarious!

Let them spy on me. I can guarantee that they'll be really bored.

Unless I eat 3 day old sitting in the car chili dogs. Then it's a show. It's not pretty but it can be entertaining if you're into that.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 03:20 PM   #56
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
Scenario 1 – Officer follows a vehicle exceeding the mandated limit by 25+ mile per hour. The officer speaks the license plate number into the system. The system responds. The drivers face comes up on the screen. With reason for dirvers speeding and statistics to help the officer decide how to proceed.
How does the officer -- or AI -- know, from the license plate, who the driver is? Could be the registered owner.... or a family member.... or a friend.... or a car thief. Just sayin'....

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 03:51 PM   #57
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
How does the officer -- or AI -- know, from the license plate, who the driver is? Could be the registered owner.... or a family member.... or a friend.... or a car thief. Just sayin'....

I guess it would have to be a unknown driver qualifier.

The way I see it, they can probably come pretty close to doing this sort of thing right now. Without AI, just historical and real time data analysis.
New cars are camera and microphone laden, as are most homes now. It's pretty easy to know where someone is at real time.

The tricky part for authorities is using this information overtly. It would be lawsuit city!

In the future when all this data is used by powerful AI systems, look out. All they need is enough legislators to get onboard with the greater good and police safety sales pitches. If you have nothing to hide then no worries, if your an honest person then no worries, and all those rights rendering arguments.

Smart cities of the future will be oppressive utopias. A Smart City will be the definition of a society run by AI.

j
Old 05-30-2023, 04:07 PM   #58
weq92f

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
<snip>...
Predictive behavior analysis (we think it’s only used for marketing and consumer behaviors).

The Police love the idea of all this.
<snip>...
This scenario is real and versions of it are happening all over the USA right now as we speak...

Scenario 69: Police officer is resting in her patrol vehicle under a shade tree enjoying some donuts and coffee while fiddling with her iPhone. An alert pops up on her central display ( laptop ) informing her that the on-board real-time license plate reader on her patrol vehicle just scanned and flagged a vehicle in the immediate vicinity as without current insurance and the registered owner has a suspended driver license.

This becomes probable cause for a traffic stop and the now alerted LEO pauses her feast of joy to execute a traffic stop on said vehicle.

You are absolutely right that Police love the idea of intrusive tech advancements that minimizes the effort they are required to put forth in order to charge a citizen with a crime and/or incarcerate them.

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 04:37 PM   #59
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
This scenario is real and versions of it are happening all over the USA right now as we speak...

Scenario 69: Police officer is resting in her patrol vehicle under a shade tree enjoying some donuts and coffee while fiddling with her iPhone. An alert pops up on her central display ( laptop ) informing her that the on-board real-time license plate reader on her patrol vehicle just scanned and flagged a vehicle in the immediate vicinity as without current insurance and the registered owner has a suspended driver license.

This becomes probable cause for a traffic stop and the now alerted LEO pauses her feast of joy to execute a traffic stop on said vehicle.

You are absolutely right that Police love the idea of intrusive tech advancements that minimizes the effort they are required to put forth in order to charge a citizen with a crime and/or incarcerate them.

-klb
The use of biometrics to determine how they are going to manage the interaction with you... because they THINK they know how you are going to behave/react when confronted based on real time metrics and statistics is the next logical phase. The surveillance equipment is pretty far out there now. Not much in the way of constitutional rights keeping it at bay anymore. It’s starting to get ridiculous!

j
Old 05-30-2023, 08:36 PM   #60
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
Scenario 69
I'm a juvenile. That cracked me up.

My mind is in the gutter.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 09:58 PM   #61
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I'm a juvenile. That cracked me up.

My mind is in the gutter.
Noo WaaaaYY

Hecks sake

Old 05-31-2023, 04:03 AM   #62
Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 twins View Post
Those talking about Alexa or Siri, these are not AI & have absolutely nothing to do with AI.
Reviewing data takes intelligence. If not done by a human it is artificial. Not sure what you are trying to suggest here? The 6 Siri and Alexa devices given to us as gifts were never used and given or thrown away. Would never purchase one or put it in my home.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 09:19 AM   #63
tutone

We have an abandoned plant up the road, where they leveled a giant warehouse. On the slab out there, is dozens of 8x40 shipping containers. I asked my wife to help me memorize the phone # in case I want to call. I have always liked the idea of a cabin made of one. I have not looked up aything, called about anything, or punched anything in. So it has to be this phone that is spying on us.
I went to this website a minute ago and this is the ad popup that came up two or three days later.
Attached Images

1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 09:38 AM   #64
67 twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Reviewing data takes intelligence. If not done by a human it is artificial. Not sure what you are trying to suggest here? The 6 Siri and Alexa devices given to us as gifts were never used and given or thrown away. Would never purchase one or put it in my home.
I will retract my statement. AI apparently doesn't mean what it used to.
72 C1500 Sierra Grande 350 TH350 longbed fleetside=wife's fair weather truck
Can you tell we are fans of longbed fleetsides & 67s
Chris
67 twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 10:14 AM   #65
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 twins View Post
I will retract my statement. AI apparently doesn't mean what it used to.
No need for anyone to retract anything or be right in this conversation. Where automation ends and AI begins is a sea of gray area. It’s the OP asking, and as it turns out, none of us are really sure what’s happening behind the scenes… but we know what's in front of us, and we don’t like it. We don’t like giving up privacy and control wholesale.

I really just want to point out that, I feel, this AI cannon is about to explode with quantum computing. It's on the horizon and it’s not just another paradigm shift. It’s brave new world stuff. And we will all get lost in the weeds pretty quickly, if not already.

j
Old 05-31-2023, 10:57 AM   #66
Boog
laying low

All this AI bidnezz seems like it's moving really fast right now, although it's been developing for many years.
OMG! Right now on tv is a headline "AI experts warn of extinction of human race". Dayem! Can you say Terminator?
The white house has been being briefed on AI developments recently.
It's unreal to be even having that discussion.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 11:56 AM   #67
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Can you say Terminator?
And this is the whole problem... Terminator! But the terminator is not what you think. You are the Terminator.

So, what is the Terminator robot and what is the AI version. Terminator is a robot with skin and is fashioned to look human. Wow, WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY to design and manufacture! It's easier to take the existing human and make it the robot... way cheaper... almost free!

But you say, wait Jeff, the Terminator is indestructible. We can make task specific machines that are indestructible if necessary, like tanks and military machines. What we need from the human is for it to shut its face and comply with directive.

They won’t need to plant a chip. All they need is quantum entanglement. Once you submit to AI it’s over, you will no longer be human, you will be a hybrid. That’s the extinction event. Because the synthetic percentage of the human that is hybridized will continue to creep up and up. Till humans are consumed via synthetic biology and intelligence.

We’re in a pincer between AI control and hybridization.

j
Old 05-31-2023, 02:53 PM   #68
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

My 2 cents:
I spent quite some time with Native Americans and learned some interesting things from them. First of all they think in long terms of life, not like we do. What to do tomorrow, next week, next year.
They think in terms of hundreds and thousands of years and what effect they have on Mother Earth and Grandmother Earth. They believe we are only temporary caretakers, and are failing at that task.
They believe Human Beings are the biggest threat to Mother Earth.
Pray that AI does not come to the same conclusion.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 06:11 PM   #69
68bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoKeene View Post
My 2 cents:
I spent quite some time with Native Americans and learned some interesting things from them. First of all they think in long terms of life, not like we do. What to do tomorrow, next week, next year.
They think in terms of hundreds and thousands of years and what effect they have on Mother Earth and Grandmother Earth. They believe we are only temporary caretakers, and are failing at that task.
They believe Human Beings are the biggest threat to Mother Earth.
Pray that AI does not come to the same conclusion.
I assure you it’s being programmed now with exactly that logic.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 09:46 PM   #70
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

There is already an AI chatbot that taught itself to lie.
Same with altering genetics, and bio organisms (pandemic). Some things are best left undone.
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
Old 05-31-2023, 09:54 PM   #71
Getter-Done

Quote:
There is already an AI chatbot that taught itself to lie.
Same with altering genetics, and bio organisms (pandemic). Some things are best left undone.
So True

Old 06-02-2023, 10:49 AM   #72
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Just saw this on the news:

"In a simulation test carried out by the US military, an AI -operated drone turned against its operator, to the point of killing the controller. The AI paid no heed to the operator's instructions, believing that the person was hindering efforts to achieve its mission. It's important to note that the test was virtual, and no real person was harmed."

Note that this is only a hypothetical simulation but the results are interesting.
The de-bunkers are out in full force trying to make this report go away. I find that to be more interesting than the simulation itself.
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Old 06-02-2023, 11:48 AM   #73
kwmech

Quote:

"In a simulation test carried out by the US military, an AI -operated drone turned against its operator, to the point of killing the controller. The AI paid no heed to the operator's instructions, believing that the person was hindering efforts to achieve its mission. It's important to note that the test was virtual, and no real person was harmed."

Note that this is only a hypothetical simulation but the results are interesting.
The de-bunkers are out in full force trying to make this report go away. I find that to be more interesting than the simulation itself.
Yep.....here's the link

https://www.infowars.com/posts/skyne...cations-tower/
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 12:04 PM   #74
tutone

Quote:

I just saw that too. Maybe it is the terminator.
1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 06:52 PM   #75
Sheepdip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Read that earlier. Makes you wonder why they are rehearsing such a scenario...scary to think it could happen.

I saw a video circulating on the net a while back that showcased these Killer Drone Bots that single out a person by facial recognition technology that's pre-programed into them and then attack the victim with precision. Didn't know weather to believe it or not, now I guess it might be possible? Still in the dark on the possibility's of this AI stuff
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote