The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2023, 06:15 PM   #1
CSHADES

left over parts 1940

as most of you know i love 39-46 chevy trucks. i own a lot of them and have a lot of parts. so a while back i decided to take all of the parts i dont plan on using for what ever reason and put together a truck for someone else to enjoy. i have owned this orange 40 since about 2009 and didnt really know what to do with it. tried selling it on ebay and locally. i made a couple of guys good offers on owning it but most of them couldnt see the potential. so my thought is to put it together as a moving/stoppable under its own power truck. i am not going to do any paint/bodywork, interior or wiring. if whoever wants to have me do the wiring and whatever mechanicals need to be finished i will for the right price. i just thought you guys might be interested in a low dollar use what you have when you have type build. it wont get done fast because i am doing this one at work in whatever spare time i have. it will be safe as far as steering and brakes. i think it will be a fun project.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rickysnickers; 01-06-2023 at 10:55 AM.
CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 02:34 PM   #2
CSHADES

Re: Edited by staff

i was not listing anything for sale. i was going to show how a truck could be put together with left over parts.
Old 01-11-2023, 12:56 PM   #3
michael bustamante

Re: left over parts 1940

and theyr`e curvy beautiful trucks, like to see it put together .
Old 01-18-2023, 02:45 PM   #4
CSHADES

Re: left over parts 1940

had some time so i worked on the frame the other day. this is the frame that i had originally started on for project 39 but found a better one for that project. as any of you know from my project 39 thread the frame for a 41-46 is 1 1/2 inches longer than a 39-40 frame. so like i did on the 39 i removed 1 1/2 inches out of the frame just in front of the cowl. i also removed the old rusty and broken windshield/frame assembly. amazingly enough the windshield regulator worked fine and the windshield opened right up. unfortunately the rust at the top of the windshield opening is a bit more than i had originally thought. so i had a look in my storage area for a roof section with a good windshield opening and structure behind it. i thought i had a good 40 one but it was also rotten but i did find a 46 cowl with the front part of the roof still attached. the problem is that it has been in there for a while so getting to it means moving a lot of piles of parts. this why i save everything for these trucks now because you never know what you made need later.
Attached Images