The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Contests

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 10:46 AM   #1
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

February 2023 ToTM

To start of 2023 our theme for the February Truck of the Month (ToTM) contest is:

Covey Coach

Or another words, are trucks than can handle a small flock. Here is the criteria for this month’s contest.
  • All years of Crew Cab Trucks, either original or those that were made into a crew cab, are eligible.
  • The vehicle nominated needs to belong to a board member during the time of the contest.
  • It must be together and able to move on its own power.
  • The truck has to be licensed for street use.
  • If a truck was selected as a 2022 ToTM winner then you are ineligible. If the truck was nominated but not selected as a ToTM winner then it may be nominated and compete in this month's category.
To Nominate:

You or someone else may nominate the vehicle. The nominee must be a board member and the current owner of the truck. Once you decide on who you wish to nominate, just add your nomination to this thread. We will need two pictures minimum with at least one full view of the vehicle. In addition, we will need the owner’s board name and the Make/Model/Year of vehicle. I will PM the nominees to get any additional data or pictures if they have not already been provided. If the owner has a preferred picture they want used in the contest, please let me know in a PM. You can PM me for an e-mail address in case anyone has problems resizing the pictures for the board.

Nominations will run through January 23. The first 15 nominees that meet the criteria will participate in the contest. A Poll Thread will be set up January 24 in this board area and an announcement will be posted on the Discussion Boards to notify all that voting has begun. The Poll will run thru the morning of February 1 and the official announcement of the winner will be on the evening of February 1. The announcement of the ToTM winner will be posted through the General Discussion Board area.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Old 01-17-2023, 12:17 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: February 2023 ToTM

Just Crewcabs, not Suburbans or other SUVs, right?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-17-2023, 01:52 PM   #3
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Just Crewcabs, not Suburbans or other SUVs, right?
Correct

Bill's Gallery
Old 01-17-2023, 10:13 PM   #4
yuccales

I would like to nominate Drews (drewskiren) Young Frankenstein. Loved the build thread. Beautiful truck!
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2023, 09:49 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

I'd like to nominate dieseldawg123's Crew Cab. I'll have to stir him up for some pictures

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-19-2023, 10:13 AM   #6
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

I'd like to add

JT_Trucker87 and his 1990 V3500
Attached Images

Bill's Gallery
Old 01-22-2023, 01:55 AM   #7
EVRLET

Inquiring minds want to know, is a crew cab front and back seats and 4 doors? I mean, technically, Drew’s truck has 3 doors, so no different than a 98 C1500 extended cab with the 3rd door option.
Old 01-22-2023, 05:41 AM   #8
attack eagle

Yeah but CC have full size doors full sized rear seats and full sized working rear side windows…
like a suburban.

not half width doors and kid sized rear seats.
Drew’s has the same full size rear cabin and single door as a suburban of the same year, which is how the factory would have done it if they had done it, IMO. And by cab length it is also a crew cab not an extended.

Ergo it qualifies IMO.
———————————————————————————————

BTW, I’m going to self promote since there are only 3 nominees so far and it closes tomorrow. Just to add some variety to the mix.

Meet CrewCad.
It’s not perfect! It originally was a WT. I’ve been busy fixing years of neglect, but otherwise trying to save what once many years ago was a nice truck and soon will be again.

The Exterior features a static 5/7 drop with helper bags, Shaved handles & stake pockets, a molded in vintage sir michaels roll pan and hidden hitch, 99 Escalade clip and frenched deville taillights, and the custom cut 22” alcoas. The current two tone paint job (if it were older than a gmt400) would now be considered “patina” due to years in the desert sun. It has a full led conversion on all exterior lights, including hi4 and switch back fog lights , plus the led reverse lights are flushed into the bed, hidden in the gap between the roll pan and tailgate. The bed floor is color matched in red bed liner with a cargo bar to keep the groceries from sliding up and down the 8 foot bed and the doors have been converted back to the correct full size mirrors, which on this size truck actually look more like sports mirrors do on a half ton than full size!

The interior now features an Escalade cluster and bezel, dash painted to match bezel, custom dark brown buckets front and rear with matching fold down rear center jump seat/storage console, front buckets are now adapted to OBS power seat bases, a reupholstered in saddle brown headliner and just re upholstered 99 denali mirrored sun visors.
I’ve also added a modern pioneer double din head with both front bumper and rear license plate mounted cameras to make parking a bit easier and safer, plus XM, CarPlay, and DVD playback to make sure all the family’s entertainment options are covered. It has two pioneer amps under the rear seats, morel 6.5 components front and coaxial 4x6 rears, and it has two 10s behind the rear buckets for Dad’s thumpage when not taking my daughter to or from kindergarten each day. It also has rgb dome lights for the “cool points” at night meets and just fun.

The power train is mostly stock with only 135k on the clock, but with some very uncommon additions. the 4l80e is connected to a DougNash/USGear overdrive box to allow for improved highway speeds and mpg, much like having a 2 speed rear end, and Keeping up with the Cadillac theme, induction is now thru a batwing ‘50s Cadillac air cleaner, which hilariously required using a mid 70s caddy quadrajet stud to correctly adapt it to the tbi, while the exhaust evacuates to dual tips under each side of the bed for the full stereo effect when loping at idle.

Happy I could share it with everyone!
Attached Images

1995 C3500 CCLB DRW W/T
7.4L + 4L80e + Doug Nash overdrive, 22” custom Alcoas,
Escalade clip, De Ville tails, shaved handles, Sir Micheals roll pan

Last edited by attack eagle; 01-22-2023 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-22-2023, 06:46 AM   #9
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Another one for the mix

jcramsey and his 1986 Chevy 3x3
Attached Images

Bill's Gallery
Old 01-22-2023, 05:47 PM   #10
EVRLET

Well since the NBS truck scene is so underrepresented on this board, I’ll throw mine in and we can have 4 generations of GM trucks to look at. Heck, inquiring minds will have plenty of questions of my truck, so let’s go.

2007 2500HD Duramax LBZ. 8/11 drop with 6-lug conversion, 2014-2018 heated seats with functioning seat belts, console, folding mirrors. 2015 Camaro SS steering wheel with functioning paddle shifters for the Allison. Currently doing a quadrasteer conversion to make it the only lowered diesel quadrasteer in the country.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2023, 10:29 PM   #11
Henry Ford

This is my C60, it is an original GM aftermarket crew conversion from 1968. It's mounted on a late model C7500 chassis.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2023, 10:33 PM   #12
yuccales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford View Post
This is my C60, it is an original GM aftermarket crew conversion from 1968. It's mounted on a late model C7500 chassis.
Beautiful!
Closed Thread