The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-05-2014, 01:15 AM   #51
jeboblasto

Re: 67 c10 - aka "the heavy chevy" mk II

Tested tail lights, working which is great. painting back of cab, needs another coat-ish, and then some clear coat(s), but this is the general look of it. Next payday i should be able to afford some wood and make progress on bed. Will be light weight and will not be for heavy duty hauling.
Name:  0704141501-001.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  49.9 KB
cheers!
jeboblasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:20 AM   #52
jeboblasto

Had a monetary slowdown, couple slower weeks at work, but should be back to slightly productive again soon. Took apart the steering column again to repair ( if possible ) the signal switch. I took it apart before, and think i may have put it back together sloppily/wrong. I feel like i now understand how it works much better, and hoping it lasts awhile. Just have to be gentle with it and it should hold out for awhile. Painting cab basically done, but will do a coat or two of clear to protect it. So...rear bumper brackets is all i need, may get some made by a welding friend. that and two new rear tires and finishing the wood flat bed. Patience. Should be the name of my 'build'. Patience.
Name:  IMG_7436.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  56.8 KB
Name:  IMG_7434.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  46.4 KB
Name:  IMG_7435.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  40.3 KB
Old 07-29-2014, 11:45 PM   #53
jeboblasto

Got tired of waiting for the parts guy to come off vacation, and was not keen on paying so much for new bumper brackets. Parts/wreckers are too far away for a person mainly cycling around. So to heck with it, i'll make my own, and today i got the inner uppers on and dry fit. Upper outers will be easy to match up. It's a bit of work, but i have more time than money. here's a pic, the bumper will tilt in at the bottom a bit more once i've got it on tight.
Name:  IMG_7442.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  55.1 KB
Old 09-29-2014, 03:18 AM   #54
jeboblasto

Finally got my flat deck mostly done, the bulk of it completed. Pretty happy so far, might have a few things to add but think i'm headed in the right direction. Might build a open box for groceries/beer or some other subtle additions. Nowi must find new rear tires and get my power steering hose rebuilt. never ending activity. cheers
Name:  0928141824-00.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  29.3 KB
Name:  0928141824-02.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  32.8 KB
Name:  0928141824-03.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  29.0 KB
Old 10-04-2014, 10:57 PM   #55
jeboblasto

built the fastest ever woodwork project, surprised it turned out so well. Going to attach this to the deck so i have a permanent hold all for groceries/beer etc. Will be adding eyelets for tieing down loads when necessary and maybe some other goodies. having fun with it, should be able to aquire some new rubber on the rear as these tires are toast! cheers.
Name:  IMG_7530.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  33.6 KB
just realized i forgot a couple screws...doh!
Old 11-30-2014, 02:08 AM   #56
jeboblasto

Been awhile, still a few important items to fix up, gotten too wet and now too cold for a lot of crawling under trucks. Drove around sparingly recently, but the cold weather is not helpful for the old girl. Thought i'd post a pic out of wishing i could do some more stuff on it. Name:  IMG_7531.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  54.3 KB
Old 08-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #57
jeboblasto

Might have to rename it from a "build" to a "sustain" or "inactive project". Well, anyways i have been in the usual money pit due to life and whatnot so that's what you get i suppose. Today i finished something i had started awhile ago but had a new idea and went for it. I had originally wanted to have the look of the stock radio in there with a decent stereo in the glove box, but i have converted the natural slot in the radio to be a spot for a smartphone/device for music or recharging. I'm ahead of my technology but i'm ready for the day i have a stereo i can plug my mp3 music into. Not very useful or difficult but it's something at least. cheers
Name:  IMG_1039.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  51.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1038.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  37.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1041.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  44.6 KB
Old 08-16-2015, 04:03 PM   #58
made2drag

pretty cool man
made2drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:40 PM   #59
jeboblasto

Thank you sir! It is a rat rod budgetarily speaking, not really in style. Today i rigged my retainer clips for the paint divider chrome and got it back on after several years without. Again, not exciting but something. Also got some used tires with low tread today for 50 bucks so i can get the rears replaced. They are currently looking like street slicks so this will be a cheap upgrade to get me through the tough times. Cheers!
Name:  IMG_0307.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  27.7 KB
Old 09-09-2015, 12:55 AM   #60
jeboblasto

Well...due to ongoing poor financial situation i have opted to not sell my precious, but to store it at my folks who have bit of space and where also my dad not so secretly covets the old truck. Had to haul it on a trailer to be safe but i am glad it won't be sitting out on the corner in the rain yet again. Not sure why i'm posting this, but it'll be awhile before i update again. Not giving up on being able to pimp my ride eventually. cheers.
Name:  IMG_0344.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  33.6 KB
Old 10-19-2016, 11:05 PM   #61
jeboblasto

Well....it has been some time. I have avoided thinking about my truck recently. It's sitting in my parents carport outside, hours away, but out of the rain. I've been considering things lately and am hoping i can put some money up for parts soon ( suspension, steering components first ). I started to ramble...but all i wanted to say is, i miss my truck.

thank you for listening, i hope to have some actual news soon-ish about the heavy chevy ( yeah i know, everybody called their truck that but that's what my dad called the original family truck so there ) There are so many inspiring trucks of various budgets on here and as many helpful folks when you ask. Cheers!
Old 06-14-2022, 12:47 AM   #62
jeboblasto

Well, i don't even know how to post a picture it's been so long so....imagine a truck, all dusty with some moss here and there. It's been stored in my parents car port since my last few posts.
( inserts attachment ?)

if that worked? i'll see a picture i guess. If not...picture my disappointment. Anyways, to the point already! I have paid off my debts, dug myself out of financial "destitution", and i will be able to continue with my truck in the coming months and years. It sat for years, and is way worse than it was but i can maybe start fixing the long list of problems. Anyways, cheers and hopefully that damn picture makes it.

ok the pic is there twice, you are not seeing double. i'll get it right next time hopefully, cheers
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2022, 12:08 PM   #63
doug_p

Best part - its still there, and it is still yours! A little elbow grease and you'll be back in business =)
doug_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 02:03 AM   #64
jeboblasto

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_p View Post
Best part - its still there, and it is still yours! A little elbow grease and you'll be back in business =)
Thanks!!!