The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2022, 10:59 AM   #1
Tug87

K10 Suburban - 5.3 or 383 with FI?

Hi All,

Hope you're having a great summer!

Long story short I'm going to be buying a bit of a beater car / truck to put some miles on in the upcoming months.

I have a 71 K10 Suburban that I normally use as a daily driver. It has a very tired 350 and th350 in it currently, as well as a 4" skyjacker lift (will be changing to ORD).

My original plan was to do a 383 with fi and a 700r4, which would make it a fine daily driver.

I'm thinking about picking up a 2003 Avalanche for sale near me with 140k on it to use for a short time then part out keeping the 5.3, trans, wiring, and fuel system.

I feel comfortable doing wither swap but I'm mostly concerned with downtime, costs, and ease of the swap while maintaining the 4wd and np205.

I've found plenty of swaps ranging in budgets, but very few with a K10 suburban. From those who have been there, which do you feel would be the better swap - taking into account downtime, cost, and ease?

Appreciate your input! Thank you!
Tug87 is offline   Reply With Quote