The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > Engine and Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2007, 11:33 PM   #1
prg machine

Re: another cheap electric fan build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71jimmy View Post
WOW, outstanding post!

Hope this isn't a dump question but is there a way to run the fan off the temp sensor for the water temp gauge? This way there would not be a need to drill into the head for a switch. I'm a little leery of doing that.

71Rat, maybe you could give us a little info on how to locate the proper area on the head to hit a water jacket, with the head on. And what you used to drill, tap, and keep the debris out.

Thanks
eACH HEAD HAS THE HOLE, OR GO INTO THE INTAKE MANIFOLD WATER JACKET.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
prg machine

yOU GUYS ARE ALL GREAT!! Inroducing a good do it yourself is very excellent stuff. Turning peeps on to a good deal is also good stuff!! I know the forum has rules against selling on the posts, but I remember a guy getting busted for sending out free samples of a penetrating oil if you payed shipping. he had wanted to turn everyone here onto a good item that we should know aboout and could realy use( we don't want to break things when we take them apart)I sure hope this post doesn't turn that way.
A guy tryiing to make a quick buck doesn't seem to apply here as far as I am concerned by the folk who have offered these fans at bargain prices.
Kinda a sensitive issue with some people it seems. I consider thisa club. If I am at a club meeting, some guy mentions a part or two for an alnmost unbelievable give away price ( considering the cost of shipping now days, ) I feel it a friendly jesture.
However, if an individual jumps in with a product for sale that he is building or marketing and taking advantage of the opportunity as a moment to puash his item, then that is not right . I don't see any of that happening here with the offers on the fans.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
70c10
67-72 Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72armyswbtruck View Post
I personally love the setup. For around $100 bucks you get a very tidy electric fan. I am gonna definately try this one. Thanks again for this post.
with everything 72armyswbtruck said! . The only thing I "might" do is drill a small hole in the lower side of the shroud to run the wires thru to conceal them a little more. Thanks again 71Rat for a great post!

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
Old 09-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #4
KEH
Better late than never

Looks like a great mod. Does this provide equal or better cooling than the dual fans?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
herb101
Used Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68shortstep View Post
Thanks for the web address SVGOULD - I just ordered mine. Probably won't use it for a while, but I always like to get bargains while they're at the right price. $ 41.12 + shipping for mine.
Is this using the part number CBG4F250? I keep getting "no matching part found". I'd like to order one of these, but that number is turning up nothing at every online OEM parts place I'm checking - what am I doing wrong?

Herb
Old 09-09-2007, 04:16 PM   #6
68shortstep
Looks good at 20-ft .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb101 View Post
Is this using the part number CBG4F250? I keep getting "no matching part found". I'd like to order one of these, but that number is turning up nothing at every online OEM parts place I'm checking - what am I doing wrong?

Herb
Just go to that website he listed, register as a new account, enter that part number - it goes into your "shopping cart," then go to the checkout area, with a credit card. Took me 2 minutes or so. Very simple. Freight $$$ amount was not shown, which makes me uneasy, but I selected UPS Ground as shipping method. Got my fingers crossed on the amount for the shipping.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
herb101
Used Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68shortstep View Post
Just go to that website he listed, register as a new account, enter that part number - it goes into your "shopping cart," then go to the checkout area, with a credit card. Took me 2 minutes or so. Very simple. Freight $$$ amount was not shown, which makes me uneasy, but I selected UPS Ground as shipping method. Got my fingers crossed on the amount for the shipping.
Thanks - tried it again after registering and still not showing in the parts look-up. I clicked on "home" and logged in (again) and it took me to a different lookup entry. That one seemed to work, so it's ordered.

Odd site mechanics - hope this goes through - LOL

Herb
Old 09-27-2007, 11:33 PM   #8
BCOWANWHEELS

sorry it was 195 or 205 only for this machine so i got the 195 deg. i like on at 180 also but to do that you,ve got to run all the light duty parts and the relay. i like to keep it as simple as possible. less there is = lest to go wrong. you could always use the manuel switch for in town use.
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16