The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2024, 05:34 PM   #1
19steve53

Suburban cab for pickup

Hello. I have a 1985 k25 that has the typical rust in the rockers, cab corners and firewall. I found a very nice 1991 suburban that is parted out to a bare shell that I would like to use to fix the 85. Has anyone heard of using the front section of a suburban cab to replace a single cab? I think that removing the rear of my cab to the A pillar at some point and grafting it onto the suburban cab. Seems that this would save a lot of time replacing the individual parts that need to be replaced. Thanks for any advice/responses.

Steve
19steve53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM   #2
THI

Re: Suburban cab for pickup

Be aware, the Suburban floor is different than the Pickup floor. Seats frames are not a direct replacement. Found this out years ago trying to put some Suburban bucket seats in a standard cab pickup. could not tell you if the Suburban floor will allow for the fuel tanks.
THI is offline   Reply With Quote