The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
wraprail

Re: '11 Camaro SS or CTS-V brakes on a 72?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulakovic22 View Post
You should talk to way2lo2. He currently has Corvette brake kits using C10 parts and if you send him your take offs, he can see how it works out and get you setup.
X2^^^ There is a thread on here somewhere concerning this. He put out the offer if someone had a set of V calipers to send him for mock-up he would consider making the brackets. I don't know if anyone sent him a set.
What I do know (I used to own an 05 V and have had the brakes apart a few times) is that the 2004-07 CTS V uses the same Brembo (F & R) as the new Camaro SS does with the Brembo option. The 2009-13 V also uses the same rear caliper as mentioned above but has a giant 6 pistion Brembo front caliper that just happends to use the same bolt spacing and offset and will almost bolt in place of the above mentioned front caliper. Only change is a larger bolt size (12mm vs 14mm) drill out the hole and they bolt on. You may already know all this, I get exicted whenever this comes up cuz I want to do it too!
way2lo2 currently has a polt on deal front and rear using corvette rotors and calipers including a Z06 option. Its a really nice setup. I just know, having messed around with the cadillac calipers and what I learned on the cadillac forums, that the cad/camaro calipers are 100x the caliper the vette ones are.
Another thing is i'm pretty sure the cad/camaro brake rotors are larger diameter, thicker and have a larger pad surface that they may not fit well on the corvette rotors. The vette rotord are the same f & r IIRC. The cadillac rotors are 14.5"? rear and 14" front with the fronts being thicker. I still have a full set here left over (sold the car) I will have to measure them. Also, The rear caliper does not have a parking brake (its a drum type in the rotor) so you can probley forget about a parking brake. It could be done but the expense I don't think would be worth it. There are orher cheaper easier options out there.
I have had the rotors just thrown up on my stock truck rotors/spindles just to get an idea. The cadillac rotors cover the stock caliper, everything. I had the stock 18s on my caddie for a while and the stock rotors take up the whole wheel!

Ok , before I write a whole book.....(almost is)
lol

Last edited by wraprail; 08-06-2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: I DIDN';T PROOF READ OR SPELL CHECK SO HOPE IT MAKES SENCE
wraprail is offline   Reply With Quote