The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Would you consider this rust free
YES 2 2.60%
NO 75 97.40%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2020, 10:00 PM   #51
Killer Bee

Re: AM I wrong in being disappointed?

click on 'seller' quotes in op for seller's quotes in op's wtb thread..

likely long gone, already up with different user name, or watching anonymously..

sad state of affairs all the way around and not easy for anyone including staff to deal with..

that's why I brought up itrader for vbulletin.. it's a conspicuous tag on every user's profile..

on other forums I log into that use that, it's very effective and constant reminder to everyone how that member deals..

conspicuous, fast, and easy to use and convenient links to each deal thread just a click away in a linear column in their profile.. some members won't even engage in larger deals until the other member has good ratings.. kind of like earning good credit, takes a little time of good dealings to earn trust.. no it isn't foolproof, but generally, folks with good dealing reputations will continue to do so.. but again, if a predator has the ill will to deceive someone for a big payoff, their itrader may be sacrificial to them to just hit and run..

and Liz and Josh, I apologize for being harsh, I was just angry about what happened.. my own integrity and honesty makes this type of deal repulsive and I overreacted and lashed out.. my apologies.. I have suggested activating itrader in previous benny sug threads [beneficial suggestions] but for reasons beyond my comprehension were shot down.. I'm woefully short of pm space because I store numerous deal conversations for future reference but happy to work with you both if I can help in any way.. won't eliminate these issues but it will help..

Old 02-20-2020, 12:09 AM   #52
'63GENIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
I always wonder in situations like this what the seller thinks or feels when he reads a thread about himself which casts him as crook? Does he lose any sleep? Feel any guilt? Sorry about your situation
The OP offered it back to the seller at a loss of 5k if Im not mistaken. With an offer like that, anybody with with a character quality that remotely resembles a conscience would know that they just fully got over on the buyer. Me personally, I know that I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. Id be doing everything I could to try and work something out. Thats just me though and why I don't do deals this way. Im sure that there are likely a few others here that would feel horrible about doing another gear head like that let alone another member of this community.

I'm sure that even if the seller is aware of this thread, they likely don't give a crap. It's business as usual and just the way some go through life and will probably continue to do so.

It will take a while for the sting to wear off, but when it does, you'll be ready to make a clear decision on what you're gonna do with it. If you decide to keep it, Im sure you'll have more than a few members subscribed on the build. Myself included.

Good luck Bud! Don't be too hard on yourself, it won't get your truck built.

"an honest man's pillow is his peace of mind" - John Cougar Mellencamp

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:02 AM   #53
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Don't be disappointed. It's a part of life. Heck I'm disappointed every time I unzip my pants.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:29 AM   #54
72ironmike

No way it is "rust free". This seller is very experienced. I'd be very surprised if they did not know the true condition of this vehicle.

Definitely not worth $25,000. Even if you go over budget it should be worth your investment. But that much work deserves some equity on your side when you are finished.

Rust is rust, I don't care where you are located or what they put on the roads in the winter.
72ironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:07 AM   #55
REDROCKER652002

I have been following and kept out of it, but I agree with the others who posted that the seller should have agreed to refund the money and be done with it. It is not rust free, and I don't see how anyone could consider it rust free. But, I am just a weekend warrior and not much of an expert, so take it for what it is worth. Had it been me, and I would have never said that was a rust free truck, I would have worked it out with the buyer and refunded the money. It is the right thing to do in my mind. But what do I know, hell, I am Italian. LOL. Be safe all. RR
REDROCKER652002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:55 AM   #56
May70

Thealien,

Where do you live on the east coast?

How to repair that rusted out 67-72 c10-c30! Please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaycoCustomRestorations
May70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:38 PM   #57
joedoh

I sold a 47 gmc that I advertised as "not a rustbucket", a guy came and looked it over and found a dime size hole in the passenger floor from where something had sat and rotted. he came unglued about it being falsely advertised. a 70 year old original body is bound to have problems like that, the cab corners were great, the floors and kicks were great except this small hole that would have been fixed with a dab of JB Weld and a quarter. in the end he didnt buy, but tried to. I refused all his offers because he he had already shown me where his heart was (right rear pocket) and I didnt want future problems. bought him a nice frosty drink as compensation and told him to save himself a call on the next one.

it looks like you pulled up glued carpet to find the rust, is that the case? the bondo would surely have been noticed on an inspection. lets face it "next time" isnt going to teach you about this time and its going to sting a bit. in the end do all you can. it sucks, so here is a back pat.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:00 PM   #58
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by May70 View Post
Thealien,

I think maybe CT. I've met him at Carlisle years ago and if I remember correctly that's what he told me.

Send him a PM. I doubt he's checked this thread since February

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-23-2020 at 07:12 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:00 PM   #59
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
I sold a 47 gmc that I advertised as "not a rustbucket", a guy came and looked it over and found a dime size hole in the passenger floor from where something had sat and rotted. he came unglued about it being falsely advertised. a 70 year old original body is bound to have problems like that, the cab corners were great, the floors and kicks were great except this small hole that would have been fixed with a dab of JB Weld and a quarter. in the end he didnt buy, but tried to. I refused all his offers because he he had already shown me where his heart was (right rear pocket) and I didnt want future problems. bought him a nice frosty drink as compensation and told him to save himself a call on the next one.

it looks like you pulled up glued carpet to find the rust, is that the case? the bondo would surely have been noticed on an inspection. lets face it "next time" isnt going to teach you about this time and its going to sting a bit. in the end do all you can. it sucks, so here is a back pat.
Passenger side was visable without pulling up carpet.

There was lots of communication questioning the "rust free" status and asked for additional pictures which he sent while never showing any of the problem areas! I found a lot of issues 5 minutes off the transport. Was told only thing not working was the gas guage, there have been numerous other issues found since purchase.

I have said many times I blame myself, I know better than to buy without an inspection. That doesn't absolve the seller from many things he had to of known!

Last edited by Thealien; 06-23-2020 at 05:52 PM.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:01 PM   #60
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by May70 View Post
Thealien,

MA 20 minutes south of Boston.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:03 AM   #61
toolboxchev

I can tell you this, someone I know purchased a blazer that was misrepresented of ebay and a call to the state attorney general and his personal attorney he had them at his house with a refund and a semi to pick that vehicle up.

This whole thing sucks, you may have to do something about it.
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 06:07 AM   #62
special-K
Special Order

I was thinking you were maybe in MA but since I was half guessing I made it not quite as far from Carlisle. Of course now I'm thinking, "Yes, that's right, Boston area"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
I sold a 47 gmc that I advertised as "not a rustbucket", a guy came and looked it over and found a dime size hole in the passenger floor from where something had sat and rotted. he came unglued about it being falsely advertised.
Two problems, people don't pay attention well these days and there are a lot of greenhorns out there who expect a vehicle as good as the picture before looking at it in person. Actually, the third thing is greenhorns not knowing the terminology. "Not a rust bucket" does not say it is rust free. It doesn't even say almost. It could be anything from a little spot or two to having a lot of repairable rust... such as when we say "typical rust". A 67-72 GM truck with rusted rockers, cab corners, cab support or two, fender under battery, maybe some in the door corners, bottom of kick panels, or and/or edge of floor is typical rust and not considered a rust bucket by today's standards

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 06-24-2020, 09:16 PM   #63
mick53

I live in Indiana. I did a blazer 20 years ago that wasn't near that nice.
mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:15 PM   #64
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick53 View Post
Understandable but you knew it had issues . OP was told it was rust free . My burban has this one spot so if I were to sell it I wouldn't advertise it as"rust free" just minimal rust . And include the picture. Guy he bought it from did everything he could to not show any rust.
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:28 AM   #65
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick53 View Post
Did you read the quotes from the seller in the original post?

Did you read the whole thread?
Old 06-26-2020, 07:44 AM   #66
special-K
Special Order

Do you need to ask?

Tim

Old 06-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #67
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Do you need to ask?
I guess I was being rhetorical?
Old 06-27-2020, 05:13 PM   #68
jjzepplin

I know this sucks and it should have gone different. If someone told me they had a rust free Blazer, I would have to seriously inspect it in person. I know better as the Blazer is notorious for being one of the worst for rot in the darndest hard to reach places. $25k for a rust free Blazer is a deal for sure! Maybe he thought it was rust free from 20 feet or so? I almost scrapped my Blazer after totaling it but then I found this site and saw what guys are doing to resurrect real balls of rusty crud. I went back out to take a look at it and thought, just needs a new frame and some metal work. Good luck, but I think you know my vote.
jjzepplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:30 AM   #69
special-K
Special Order

When I am assured a vehicle is rust free and I buy it for that price sight unseen based on those words, the risk I feel I am accepting is that it might have a minor spot or two either "withheld" or "unnoticed". But I certainly would never imagine the vehicle to be rusty.

Anyone who speaks the English language would say that is nothing but an undeniable bold face lie. A more than reasonable option was presented to the seller, who absolutely knew they lied, but they got rid of that thing for that money and that's all they care.

Not willing to own up, get the vehicle back at a profit, and try to sell it again for less. The body is not up to the class of vehicle he is trying to sell it as, so he has to lie.

Tim

Old 02-01-2021, 08:17 AM   #70
K5Fan

Man, I'm sorry you got ripped off like that. I know its been a while since you have posted about this, but what has happened since? I looked at the original post he did, and is that the paint job that is on the vehicle?
K5Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:36 AM   #71
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5Fan View Post
Man, I'm sorry you got ripped off like that. I know its been a while since you have posted about this, but what has happened since? I looked at the original post he did, and is that the paint job that is on the vehicle?
Kind of an update, this explains where I am going at the moment.

Update and looking for a build name
Old 02-01-2021, 11:23 AM   #72
K5Fan

WOW!!! That is going to be so sweet!

I know your profile says "East Coast", but I also think I saw where you are in Boston? If that's right, something to do with The Baston (Or however you pronounce it up there) Blue Build? I'm in Charleston SC and I have friends from Boston, and that is the way they pronounce it. I'll keep thinking. Where did you get the LS Connect and Cruise Conversion Kit? I guess that means that it comes with the harness and computer? I would think so. I have a 4X4 4 speed manual tran with 1st gear being the granny gear, but I guess that wherever you got it can tell me what kind of short shaft tranny I would need and if I need to change out my transfer case and differential gears. I want to do something like that some day, but for now we will just cruise the coast. I hear the big Red Drum are running in the Outer Banks, so maybe I'll use the Granny after all.

Chris.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:42 PM   #73
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5Fan View Post
WOW!!! That is going to be so sweet!

I know your profile says "East Coast", but I also think I saw where you are in Boston? If that's right, something to do with The Baston (Or however you pronounce it up there) Blue Build? I'm in Charleston SC and I have friends from Boston, and that is the way they pronounce it. I'll keep thinking. Where did you get the LS Connect and Cruise Conversion Kit? I guess that means that it comes with the harness and computer? I would think so. I have a 4X4 4 speed manual tran with 1st gear being the granny gear, but I guess that wherever you got it can tell me what kind of short shaft tranny I would need and if I need to change out my transfer case and differential gears. I want to do something like that some day, but for now we will just cruise the coast. I hear the big Red Drum are running in the Outer Banks, so maybe I'll use the Granny after all.

Chris.
If you click the link at the bottom of my post that says 4L60 to NP 205. Of course that is for an automatic to the transfer case. But advance adapters has lots of conversion parts for mating different transmissions to the NP 205.

With that being said if I was going to do a another 4 x 4 blazer I would take a complete pull out driveline transfer case and all. The problem with that is the transfer case drops on the driver side as opposed to the passenger side. The Automatic transmissions are kind of built for that side drop. I had to dimple the pan when I did mine to keep it on the passenger side. As I said if I was to do it today I would swap to a driver side drop Dana 44 possibly out of a Ford.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:46 PM   #74
K5Fan

Thanks for the advice. I will keep that in mind, or with my mind, I might want to print it out. Thanks Again!

Chris.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:02 AM   #75
ChevyRacefan

Not picking sides, but did you have to remove carpet of a rubber mat to see the rot?
Again not taking sides.
I ask, as I had sold a car that showed no rust or rot. Anywhere, on the lift the bottom looked clean, with original dealer installed undercoating.
Everything looked rust free, underside, body, the whole thing.
It was not till the new owner took up the carpet could you see the rust/rot in the floor.
I never knew it was there, I only had it for 2 years so it had to be that way when I got it.
I did offer to buy it back, as I felt that was the right thing to do. I got it back and fixed the floors, with new floor stampings.
I never would have stated no rust if I knew about the floor rust/rot. but you could not tell unless you removed the carpet and jute.
I did the right thing, bought it back, Now the guy that had bought it, is bent because I now want 2k more to cover the new floors, paint work and carpet.
Sometimes you just can't win.
I Think even if the seller did not know about it, AND the photo's being shown are of THAT vehicle, not from another, the seller should buy it back for what he sold it for.

It is too easy on the net to um, stretch the truth. And why you always have someone look over a vehicle before you buy.
ChevyRacefan is offline   Reply With Quote