The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 09:11 AM   #51
TKCR

Re: Problems buying from gmachinz Jabin Wood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipps View Post
TKCR, the problem is, selling like you do limits your options of a marketplace. Ebay is a very desirable platform, and as far as I know, it has no option for "commit to buy, pay when done" like you're suggesting.

I'm involved in an extensive "from-scratch" rewire of my truck right now. When this truck is finished, I'll have a good working knowledge and inventory of Metri-Pack, Packard-56, Weather-Pack, Pack-Con, and GT connectors, terminals, and accessories. I'll likely dabble a bit with the Deutch system as well.

I've had more than a passing interest in getting into some harness construction myself. When several of my other projects have settled down a little, I'll revisit the idea. I would definitely want to start out with smaller harnesses, and work my way into more complex ones. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated!
When I do sell on eBay, I list my items that are ready to purchase. I don’t list anything on eBay that has to be made to order. That way, when the item is purchased, I ship the item right away. I sold on eBay for several years, but I have gotten away from selling on there. The fees were eating what little profit I was making. By word of mouth, my FB Page and this Forum, I’m getting enough orders to keep me plenty busy. Almost too busy at times. This was the plan all along since I just retired in March 2019. And I’m not doing this service to make money. I enjoyed restoring my truck, and wanted to help others do the same. And I wanted something to do, to stay busy. So why not something that I really enjoy? Yes I need to make money, I’ve got to make some, so I can continue buying supplies to restore the seats & seatbelts.
That maybe another one of Jabins faults. He maybe taking on more than he can handle. So he really needs to stop taking people’s money BEFORE he can produce the product. I mean after all, since you have dabbled in harnessing, you know that’s a time consuming task. I have done a little myself, at my previous job.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:19 AM   #52
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by texxxan View Post
That's true. I've only heard great things about the quality of his work, but now that he burned me, I see I am not the only one. I have my bank involved now. This will be my last recourse. The bank temporarily refunded my money until their investigation is complete. I will keep everyone informed of the final results. Either way, my goal is to prevent anyone else here from being burned like I did.
It is sad and frustrating that you have to go thru this. I know the feeling, from the time I was burned for $800. It wasn’t from anywhere or anyone on here, with truck items. It was for something else. But I let my guard down, in letting them talk me into using the F&F on PayPal. Worst mistake I ever made. It hurt! Not only my pocket, but my faith in people. I know not everyone is like this, but when someone does something like this to a person, it affects you. I just can’t imagine ever doing this to someone. I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night. And BTW, I was never able to recover that money. I hope you have better luck
Old 09-30-2020, 09:20 AM   #53
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
When I do sell on eBay, I list my items that are ready to purchase. I don’t list anything on eBay that has to be made to order. That way, when the item is purchased, I ship the item right away. I sold on eBay for several years, but I have gotten away from selling on there. The fees were eating what little profit I was making. By word of mouth, my FB Page and this Forum, I’m getting enough orders to keep me plenty busy. Almost too busy at times. This was the plan all along since I just retired in March 2019. And I’m not doing this service to make money. I enjoyed restoring my truck, and wanted to help others do the same. And I wanted something to do, to stay busy. So why not something that I really enjoy? Yes I need to make money, I’ve got to make some, so I can continue buying supplies to restore the seats & seatbelts.
That maybe another one of Jabins faults. He maybe taking on more than he can handle. So he really needs to stop taking people’s money BEFORE he can produce the product. I mean after all, since you have dabbled in harnessing, you know that’s a time consuming task. I have done a little myself, at my previous job.
I'm still needing a dual tank harness for my truck. I'm putting in 87 tanks and fuel injection pumps in to control the TBI engine in it. Do you sell these?
Old 09-30-2020, 09:23 AM   #54
texxxan

Quote:
It is sad and frustrating that you have to go thru this. I know the feeling, from the time I was burned for $800. It wasn’t from anywhere or anyone on here, with truck items. It was for something else. But I let my guard down, in letting them talk me into using the F&F on PayPal. Worst mistake I ever made. It hurt! Not only my pocket, but my faith in people. I know not everyone is like this, but when someone does something like this to a person, it affects you. I just can’t imagine ever doing this to someone. I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night. And BTW, I was never able to recover that money. I hope you have better luck
It does suck. I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose here. Now, I will do everything I can to smut his name and ensure that people are at least aware of his habits.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:54 AM   #55
TKCR

Quote:
I'm still needing a dual tank harness for my truck. I'm putting in 87 tanks and fuel injection pumps in to control the TBI engine in it. Do you sell these?
No, I’m sorry I don’t. I mainly do seats, seatbelts and interior parts restoration. Even though I did a little of this at my place of employment, where I retired from. Lol, I would have no desire to do them again. It just too tedious of work for my liking.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:56 AM   #56
texxxan

Quote:
No, I’m sorry I don’t. I mainly do seats, seatbelts and interior parts restoration. Even though I did a little of this at my place of employment, where I retired from. Lol, I would have no desire to do them again. It just too tedious of work for my liking.
Understandable.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #57
93M6Formula

I see it all the time with vendors, customer service/Communication needs to be number one, especially these days when you can easily get blasted on social media but these small shops or one man shows always seem to have to learn the hard way.
1995 GMC K2500 ECLB 6.5L 4L80E
1996 GMC K3500 CCLB LB7 6L90
Old 10-02-2020, 11:07 AM   #58
1774btcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Stealing or being a thief = "low-life".

Taking money for something you're building for someone is an exchange. Not delivering the goods that someone paid for in a timely fashion is poor business practices. These are two distinctly different things.

If you buy something from someone and expect to get it or tracking info within x-days when that someone is KNOWN for extended delivery times/not meeting delivery times that doesn't make them a thief.

Purchasing products through PayPal using the 'Friends & Family' option to save a few bucks is a poor choice on all involved as it negates the possibility of other resources helping if there is a dispute between the parties. Name-calling someone that has your money & hasn't delivered your product will most likely not speed up their efforts to appease you.
I love the way you see things. I try and look at most of my transaction the same way. I am a seller myself and I know people get upset if you don't ship in a timely manner. The key is if you can't get something out in the time that is expected, contact the buyer BEFORE they contact you upset with not having there product shipped.
With that being said, I have purchased from Jabin and I feel he is a stand up guy. His work is beautiful, just don't expect to receive it in a timely manner. He is just ONE person trying to do very involved work. I am in the same position. I have too many customers for just one person. I don't have upset customers like he does but I get my product out on time most of the time but it is stressful

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Bed big block "Blackie"
1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:17 AM   #59
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1774btcrew View Post
I love the way you see things. I try and look at most of my transaction the same way. I am a seller myself and I know people get upset if you don't ship in a timely manner. The key is if you can't get something out in the time that is expected, contact the buyer BEFORE they contact you upset with not having there product shipped.
With that being said, I have purchased from Jabin and I feel he is a stand up guy. His work is beautiful, just don't expect to receive it in a timely manner. He is just ONE person trying to do very involved work. I am in the same position. I have too many customers for just one person. I don't have upset customers like he does but I get my product out on time most of the time but it is stressful
Well, he told me he shipped it and then redirected back to him. All I asked him for was a tracking number and nothing. I then tried to do a paypal claim but I paid by friends and family and no luck there. He knows he has my money and yet all he says is good luck with my project and a refund is out of his hands. He can refund me just as easily as he money requested me. He chose not to. Now, no replies at all. It is what it is. I guess I'm wrong for wanting my harness or my money back. He said he shipped it. Why not prove it? If he shipped it, then recalled it, ship it again. Its not that hard.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #60
1774btcrew

Quote:
I assure you that I never name called or cursed him at all. The only thing I asked for was a tracking number.
I am sorry you have had problems with him. So many people have. I can't say I know him personally but I have talked with him on the phone several times and I don't think he is a thief. I think he takes on more work than he can handle. Maybe he just doesn't know how to turn away work. It may be the money or it may be he just wants to make people happy. He doesn't just build harnesses for squarebodies so he is(or was) on several forums. So I am sure he has a ton to build. I have asked him before for tracking numbers and never received them either.
In my experience, people that are really good at wiring, are wired differently than other people. They just see things differently. When I bought my harnesses from Jabin, it took FOREVER to receive them. I am sorry this happened to you. He really does do exceptional work.

1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:20 AM   #61
1774btcrew

Quote:
Well, he told me he shipped it and then redirected back to him. All I asked him for was a tracking number and nothing. I then tried to do a paypal claim but I paid by friends and family and no luck there. He knows he has my money and yet all he says is good luck with my project and a refund is out of his hands. He can refund me just as easily as he money requested me. He chose not to. Now, no replies at all. It is what it is. I guess I'm wrong for wanting my harness or my money back. He said he shipped it. Why not prove it? If he shipped it, then recalled it, ship it again. Its not that hard.
I wrote my last post as you were writing this one.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:25 AM   #62
texxxan

Quote:
I am sorry you have had problems with him. So many people have. I can't say I know him personally but I have talked with him on the phone several times and I don't think he is a thief. I think he takes on more work than he can handle. Maybe he just doesn't know how to turn away work. It may be the money or it may be he just wants to make people happy. He doesn't just build harnesses for squarebodies so he is(or was) on several forums. So I am sure he has a ton to build. I have asked him before for tracking numbers and never received them either.
In my experience, people that are really good at wiring, are wired differently than other people. They just see things differently. When I bought my harnesses from Jabin, it took FOREVER to receive them. I am sorry this happened to you. He really does do exceptional work.
I've actually heard nothing but great things about the quality of his work. This is partly my own fault. I should have researched him and certainly should not have paid him as friends and family. This has been a hard lesson to learn. He was very quick to answer my questions before I paid him. That all changed as soon as he got my money. I just want people to be informed. I wish I would have been.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:30 AM   #63
1774btcrew

Quote:
With him or wiring people in general seeing things differently(IMHO) they may react differently to confrontation than most of us. I am not advocating his actions, I am just saying with you trying to file that Paypal claim, it may have just pissed him off and he may make it difficult for you to get your money. That doesn't make it OK at all. I am just saying that may have been what happened as I have had sellers do that to me. I am a seller of squarebody parts for a living. I have had to find a way to diplomatically answer buyers questions, even if I know they are a difficult customer. Not everyone can do that and some sellers just get pissed off. When if first started selling, I did the same thing and would tell a customer off(I never took their money) It took some time to figure out how to handle things calmly. I don't think you can be a successful seller without handling things in the proper manner. Have you called him and just tried to work things out?

Old 10-02-2020, 11:35 AM   #64
Dead Parrot

Quote:
It does suck. I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose here. Now, I will do everything I can to smut his name and ensure that people are at least aware of his habits.
I would be careful with this approach. It could open you to some type of defamation lawsuit from him and make matters even worse for you. A better approach is file a fraud complaint with your local law enforcement. If he is in a different state, file a 2nd complaint with the Attorney General in his state. Make sure you have also filed a "Failed to Deliver" complaint with Paypal. Not just a refund request but an actual thing that says "I paid but never received product." complaint. You seem to have a fair number of screen shots to back your complaint. Paypal many still hide behind the F&F TOS to avoid refunding your money but at least you will be on official record with your complaint. Keep track of what you do on the odd chance the harness shows up at some future point. You will want to delete/amend the complaints to reflect the new status.

At some point, move on and accept the fact the money is gone. I lost ~$70 on a kickstarter years ago. Despite many promises over a couple of years, the product was only delivered to few of several hundred backers. Even those lucky enough to get something were often disappointed with the quality. This hasn't kept me from backing many other KS since and none of the others have gone bad.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:37 AM   #65
texxxan

I believe he is banned from this forum. Am I wrong? I know he is banned from other forums for doing this exact same thing. I only found out after I paid him. Like I said, lesson learned. I just hate that now I will avoid the small business person and always look at them with suspicion. No one wins here. Not even Jabin Wood.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:37 AM   #66
1774btcrew

I receive lots of friends and family payments and have never taken someones money. I would never do so as this is my lively hood and word of mouth goes a long way(except in Jabin's case) I think maybe the quality of his work makes potential buyers willing to take the risk to purchase a product from him. I don't know of anyone else that does what he does. I hope something gets worked out for you. Not everyone has a conscience. If I took someone's money the thought of that would literally hang over my head for years

Old 10-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #67
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Parrot View Post
I would be careful with this approach. It could open you to some type of defamation lawsuit from him and make matters even worse for you. A better approach is file a fraud complaint with your local law enforcement. If he is in a different state, file a 2nd complaint with the Attorney General in his state. Make sure you have also filed a "Failed to Deliver" complaint with Paypal. Not just a refund request but an actual thing that says "I paid but never received product." complaint. You seem to have a fair number of screen shots to back your complaint. Paypal many still hide behind the F&F TOS to avoid refunding your money but at least you will be on official record with your complaint. Keep track of what you do on the odd chance the harness shows up at some future point. You will want to delete/amend the complaints to reflect the new status.

At some point, move on and accept the fact the money is gone. I lost ~$70 on a kickstarter years ago. Despite many promises over a couple of years, the product was only delivered to few of several hundred backers. Even those lucky enough to get something were often disappointed with the quality. This hasn't kept me from backing many other KS since and none of the others have gone bad.
I'm not worried about any defamation lawsuit. After doing my research, there are plenty of others with this same exact issue. He isn't even a legitimate businessman.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:46 AM   #68
texxxan

Quote:
I receive lots of friends and family payments and have never taken someones money. I would never do so as this is my lively hood and word of mouth goes a long way(except in Jabin's case) I think maybe the quality of his work makes potential buyers willing to take the risk to purchase a product from him. I don't know of anyone else that does what he does. I hope something gets worked out for you. Not everyone has a conscience. If I took someone's money the thought of that would literally hang over my head for years
I'm the same way. That's why I didn't expect this to happen. Oh well. Lesson learned is all I can say.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:58 AM   #69
1774btcrew

Quote:
I'm the same way. That's why I didn't expect this to happen. Oh well. Lesson learned is all I can say.
I have a conscience and just know something like that would just eat away at me. When I was younger, I didn't always do things right and to this day, I still think about them. In my early 20s I had a great girlfriend that I cheated on. In my mid 30s I found her and reached out to her and sent her a long letter apologizing for everything. She was completely forgiving. Now that I am in my 40s I still feel bad. When I was in high school, I had a friends brother pick up $80 of parts for me and I never paid him(not intentionally) I am sure he has long forgotten but if I ran into him I would still hand him the money. That is just how I am. Like some other members have said, it may just show up at your door one day. I really don't think he intentionally ripped you off. I am sure you are not the only pissed off customer and dealing with upset people all of the time can make you just want to shut down. I think if I were to buy from Jabin again, I would purchase off eBay as 99.9% of the time they side with the buyer and will back you

Old 10-02-2020, 02:41 PM   #70
JJH Jimmy

OK. I know nothing about a dual tank harness. But, what can be so complicated about it that you have to rely on someone in which it will be a crap shoot if you will see your money or the harness? Is it that much of a unicorn? Personally, I would research this great forum and if you cant find the the information to make your own reach out to some of the well respected knowledgeable members that are here (a couple that come to mind are LS1NOVA71 and Vette Vette) and i am sure they would be more than happy to help you out. That is what makes this place so great.
2021 GMC 2500HD Duramax AT4

My "It's a Jimmy Thing" Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=583528
Budget Build 1985 K20
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=801565
Old 10-02-2020, 04:05 PM   #71
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH Jimmy View Post
OK. I know nothing about a dual tank harness. But, what can be so complicated about it that you have to rely on someone in which it will be a crap shoot if you will see your money or the harness? Is it that much of a unicorn? Personally, I would research this great forum and if you cant find the the information to make your own reach out to some of the well respected knowledgeable members that are here (a couple that come to mind are LS1NOVA71 and Vette Vette) and i am sure they would be more than happy to help you out. That is what makes this place so great.
You're absolutely right. That's exactly what I should have done. I just wanted a plug and play installation. I will look at making my own.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:32 PM   #72
44th Miss Inf

I usually stay out of these types of discussions, but post like this show me a lot about the character (or lack of) of a lot of people.

I buy and sell a fair amount of stuff, preferably from individuals as to me, it helps those that love the hobby, trying to fund a project, or are looking for that hard to find part. I do work on the side also (welding floor pans, rockers, quarter panels etc on old cars, because none of the local body shops will) and though my regular paying job now involves me working a rotating shift, I always reply to calls or texts. May not be immediately, but within 12-24 hrs. I always explain this up front, BEFORE we reach an agreement.

My grandfather always said, “A man is only as good as his word. And sometimes that’s all that he’s got”
Old 10-02-2020, 07:27 PM   #73
texxxan

On a positive note, I just bought this little beauty. Runs so good.
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2020, 09:12 PM   #74
SCOTI

Quote:
Looks clean.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:08 PM   #75
The Ohioian

Quote:
I bet mine looked like that 30 years ago with out someone bouncing a shovel handle off the sides, what's the color called fawn or doe something like that.
Closed Thread