The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2014, 01:12 AM   #1
sdnomad

Adding power leather seats in a 2007+ truck

I searched far and wide and could not find anywhere that discussed wiring up 2007+ power seats. So I thought I would post what I discovered when installing them in my pickup. My truck is a 2008 Chevy LT with manual cloth seats. I purchased leather seats from the local salvage yard and was able to get the pigtail from the donor truck wiring harness. There were 3 critical wires on the drivers seat that needed to be connected to the truck in order for the power seat to function. One is a heavier 12 gauge red/wht wire (pin 7) that needs to be connected to a 12v positive 25amp fuse. The second is an 18 gauge red/wht wire that needs to be connected to 12v positive 10 amp fuse. The third wire is a 12 gauge black wire that goes to a ground. There were two additional wires that controlled the seat belt warning on my 08 LT cloth seats that I also connected. One was a tan/wht wire on my truck that connected to the tan/wht wire (pin 5) on the power seat pigtail. The other was a pink wire on my truck that connect to the blue wire (pin 8) on the power seat pigtail. The blue wire (pin 8) on the wiring harness pigtail is located right next to the 12 gauge red/wht wire (pin 7). For those without the pigtail, the blue wire changes to pink on the seat side of the pigtail connection.

When it comes to the passenger seat, there are only two crucial wires to connect to make the power seat function. They are the 12 gauge red/wht wire and 12 gauge black wire.
Attached Images

sdnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
sdnomad

Re: Adding power leather seats in a 2007+ truck

When looking at the first image of the pigtail connector, A5 is the tan/wht wire for the tan/wht seatbelt wire. A7 is the red/wht 12 gauge that goes to a 25 amp power. A8 is the blue wire (which is a pink wire on other side of connection) for the pink seat belt wire.

On the reverse side of the connector is B8 which is a black 12 gauge wire that is for ground. And then there is B6 which is a red/wht 18 gauge wire that goes to a 12v 10 amp power.

The second image is of the pigtail connector plugged into my existing power connector found under my driver seat. All the wires I needed were there except the red/wht 10 amp power wire, which I had to run from the firewall.

The third image is a close up of my existed power connector under the drivers seat with the wires from the pigtail plugged into it.

Last edited by sdnomad; 11-08-2014 at 02:54 PM.
sdnomad is offline   Reply With Quote