The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
joey8383

His 1969 Stepside build

Hey guys, long time lurker but just finally set up an account. I've owned this truck 6 years but have been waiting PATIENTLY to start building it. I finally have a shop, some time, a little cash here and there, and my son just turned 5. I wanted him to remember building this with Dad.
Truck is a 69 stepside that was willed to me from a man that treated me like a son. I worked for Nelson at his lawnmower/small engine shop for 6 years during high school and college. When he passed he left it to me. He was an amazing person and like a father to me, so much that I named my son after him. It has been a long wait but FINALLY the time is here. I don't have $20-30k extra laying around so it won't be done next month. I'm hoping for 2 years or less. The truck is in pretty decent shape and he had "rebuilt" it in the late 80's. Minor rust on rockers, cab corners, and windshield.
Plan is a power steering, power brake, 5 lug, static drop, fuel injected LS (LQ4 probably), 4L80e or MAYBE T56 6speed, 12 bolt, air conditioned 400+ hp street truck that can be driven daily if wanted.
Right now it has a tired 327 with 3 speed manual.

I bought two parts trucks in the last a couple weeks, a 67 that I plan to rob the front clip from, and a 76 that I am going to rob all the front suspension, power brakes, and power steering from. Here's the 67. I will have lots of extra parts for sale soon. No pics of 76 yet. It's just a rolling chassis SWB with rusted frame.

The parts truck has a worn out 283 with 3 speed manual.

More soon..
joey8383 is offline   Reply With Quote