The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2009, 01:03 AM   #1
65Custom

65Custom Build Thread

Hey guys I have been a member of this site for awhile but not a participating member. So I figure it is about time I started my build thread since I see so many of the guys around me have build threads I figure I should add mine maybe I can add some what not to do's or maybe a to do, I do sometimes hit on something that is good.

I have a 1965 Custom C10 I bought it just outside of Nashvegas in 2007. I have a ton of pictures. I try to take pics of everything that I do some for memory so I can put it back together and others to show what I have done.

The project plan is to do a Resto-Mod as some call it I'm trying to just do some good updates and some custom touches too just want to be a little different in a subtle way Keep the look of the truck mostly original looking but with some things that may make you to ask question.

1. Plans are to put a LS1 and 460le for power
2. I have a locker for the rear & convert it to 5 lug front and rear with a 3:42 gear
3. power 4 wheel disc
4. close ratio power steering
5. front and rear sway bars
6. AC, power windows & locks, tilt wheel, once piece windows (not sure about this one I go back and fourth on it)
7. relocate the gas tank to under the bed
8. Some other custom touches that you will see as I go along ( I hope )

These pics are just after I got her home and started tearing her down. I have the frame ready to go back together and I am currently working on the cab metal work So there has been a lot of work on her (no name yet) much more than anticipated, but this one is being saved although it probably should have scrapped, it looked ok while it had all the paint, bondo & floor repair cover up goo on it
I have plenty more pics to post since I have made a lot of progress in three years just to get y'all up to speed on where I am currently at unless y'all want to just flash forward

Sorry for long post but this is the initial post
Attached Images

Last edited by 65Custom; 10-18-2009 at 11:23 PM.
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote