The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2015, 01:12 AM   #1
HotRodding

My 52 GMC: revisited

Hi everyone, my name is Dan, I have been an avid reader of this forum for about 3 years and have followed and read many threads. I must say that you all have blown my mind with all of your quality skills and knowledge with Mechanical, Electrical, Bodywork, Painting, and best of all superb fabrication! Congrats on each of your builds! I only wish I had half the skills and knowledge that has been shown on this forum. Best of all is that I get to learn it all right here and hopefully I will join in the fun with another truck project with only me, myself and I working on it, and all of the expertise on this forum to help me along.

My truck has actually been on here last year, as Chris (Skymangs) has been an important part of my truck build.
I have some pictures and history of the build before Chris put his quality work into it. I just wanted to share it with everyone, including Chris who probably never saw these, as when he picked it up from my house it was all in pieces. I hope you enjoy!

History: My truck, I found on a farm property with a friend of mine. The property and home was in foreclosure, so after talking with the realtor I had found out the owner of the property was part of a family that attended church with me. I told them that I acquired the truck and made plans to make it a drivable. They were excited that I was able to get it and keep it "sort of in the family". Just a month before I got the truck the granddaughter took pictures with it as an announcement for their engagement. The family told me that this was originally owned by a construction company near me about 15 minutes away. Then it was bought by the grandfather in this family and it became the family farm truck, with everything original like it was built. I don't have many pictures of it when picking it up, but a lot of pictures after it was in my driveway. So now I am the third owner of the truck.

Here it is basking under the tree:
Name:  1.1Flatbed1.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  17.2 KB
Name:  1.1Flatbed2.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  15.6 KB

More to follow in the coming Christmas break week, next week.
HotRodding is offline   Reply With Quote