The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2021, 07:20 AM   #1
Six862m6

Washer Pump Size Issue

Hey all, have another issue/question that seems to not have been covered so far yet from what I have searched on here.

While I have my cluster, radio, ash tray, etc all out doing my dash harness replacement, I have decided to go ahead and get the windshield washer pump working on my truck.

Disclaimer here: While I think it is a great idea/solution for those that plan to use their washer a lot or whatnot, I do NOT want to do a newer model washer pump on the jug modification. I'm doing this just for the hell of it and want to keep this part original as you can tell the difference between the old and new styles. Truthfully after I get it working and tested, it will probably hardly ever be used again as I don't drive my truck in circumstances where I need to use the washer on the windshield. I may use it once or twice a year just to keep the system working and for fun. Ha!

Ok, that being said, here is the issue I have run into: The new reproduction pump I bought from LMC looks VERY close to the original I have taken off my truck. However, it is slightly longer and because of this, the actual mounting holes do not match up! I can't screw this new one down to the wiper motor! I checked a couple of the other vendors out to see if any of them listed a difference for a '68 vs the later years (as I've mentioned before, I know the '67 and '68's have a lot of small differences from the '69-'72s) but they all list the pump as for '67-'72. Everything else looks like it will work fine, even the cutout in the plastic cover to make room for the electrical connectors on the motor. When these are lined up with the motor's connector, it lines up the bottom screw hole but the top screw hole is way too high. Man.... you should have seen the rust fall from this old pump when I removed it. Pretty sure it is the original from '68.

Has anyone else ran into this issue before?

I've attached some pictures for reference.
Attached Images