The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #26
Rusty Shacleford

Re: Drew's 72 K10 Shortbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubs View Post
Rusty, talk to me about having the frame sandblasted? Are you sending the rolling chassis to the blaster? Or tearing it down to just frame? I'm about to start my K-20 project and contemplating if i even want to touch the frame at this point(?)
I'm going to tear it all the way down to the frame. The way it is it now, all I have to do is drive the spring and shackle bolts out and I'm ready. I've been trying to decide if I want to blast it myself or take it somewhere. I'm leaning toward doing it myself since I do have access to the tools/equipment to do the job, but man its a nasty job.

For me, if I didn't do the frame I'd be thinking about it all the time once the truck is done.

Drew's 72 K10
85 k10 AKA "The Turd"
Rusty Shacleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #27
CUSTOM/10

I agree, I'd be wishing I had blasted the frame too, your so close you have to do it !

I've done blasting myself, still have the equipment, but opted to have someone else do the dirty work on my current project. The frame has already been done and I just dropped my cab & doors off the other day. Hears a link to my build and there's a link to the blaster that I'm using.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859

My truck will look very similar to yours, even the same colors, I was thinking about orange and white but decided to keep the original paint scheme.

Looks like you have a good solid truck to start with.

Good luck with your build !

Gary

My 72 SWB Build
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #28
Rusty Shacleford

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM/10 View Post
I agree, I'd be wishing I had blasted the frame too, your so close you have to do it !

I've done blasting myself, still have the equipment, but opted to have someone else do the dirty work on my current project. The frame has already been done and I just dropped my cab & doors off the other day. Hears a link to my build and there's a link to the blaster that I'm using.

My truck will look very similar to yours, even the same colors, I was thinking about orange and white but decided to keep the original paint scheme.

Looks like you have a good solid truck to start with.

Good luck with your build !

Gary
"Divorce Therapy", I've been following your build. Looks good.

Mine is in good shape for a Missouri truck. Someone did a "quick and sloppy" rebuild on it, but overall the body is in pretty good shape. The engine, tranny, tc, and, both axles were shot when I picked it up.

Drew's 72 K10
85 k10 AKA "The Turd"
Old 05-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #29
CUSTOM/10

Mine project has been sitting for a few years collecting dust, while I've been collecting parts. Now I'm getting back to it and hope to have it going this fall, but realistically it will most likely be next summer.

My 72 SWB Build
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #30
Rusty Shacleford

Update!

Like most of my projects, I got distracted.

Back in the Summer I found a 76 CJ5 with a 304 that had jumped time. I was able to get it fairly cheap and like most "treasure hunters" I couldn't leave it where I found it.

Then I switched jobs and haven't done much in the last 7 or 8 months. I hope to get back to the K10 as the weather starts to turn more favorable.
Attached Images

Drew's 72 K10
85 k10 AKA "The Turd"
Old 11-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #31
Rusty Shacleford

I haven't been on here in quite a while. The truck still sits as it did the last time I updated and probably will continue to do so for a while longer. My 3 yr old daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia, so basically everything else that's not considered "priority" has been put on the shelf. Her treatment lasts about 2 1/5 years. She's doing really well with everything and once we get things back to normal, whatever that may be, I'm hoping to get back to work on the truck. Until then, I'll be keeping my eye on everyone else's work.

Drew's 72 K10
85 k10 AKA "The Turd"
Old 11-11-2015, 11:17 PM   #32
70stroker

Dude im so sorry, i got an almost 4 year old and cant imagine what your going through, best wishes coming your way, again im sorry and as far as trucks go you sell it if it make any difference at all.
70stroker is offline   Reply With Quote