The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-11-2024, 11:08 AM   #1
Bloodhound

Re: USA1 Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by texarback View Post
Update: I finally received the panels yesterday. I must say, they are perfect. I’m glad I didn’t cancel the order. now I’m waiting on the bags and visors.
Good to hear they finally made it. As I've said many times, their panels are the best ones going, but man do they suck at running a business.
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 10:35 PM   #2
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by texarback View Post
Update: I finally received the panels yesterday. I must say, they are perfect. I’m glad I didn’t cancel the order. now I’m waiting on the bags and visors.
Happy to hear you finally got your door panels
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 11:11 AM   #3
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Quote:
I wouldn’t get anything from LMC, Classic Parts or Classic Industries when it comes to Interior parts. They are way off on the colors. In fact, these places only have 1 generic color for the Reds, Blues, Tans and gray. And quite frankly none of these match our interior colors. We have numerous shades of all these colors throughout the years.
My dash pad from LMC is the same exact blue you are showing for the 81-87. I haven't picked up additional interior pieces yet, but I'm very happy with the dash pad quality. I was going to order from USA1, but heard too many bad experiences.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 02:29 PM   #4
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
My dash pad from LMC is the same exact blue you are showing for the 81-87. I haven't picked up additional interior pieces yet, but I'm very happy with the dash pad quality. I was going to order from USA1, but heard too many bad experiences.
You’ll figure it out when it comes to the colors. You’ll end up with a bunch a different shades, and none match with our interiors.
All the dash pads from LMC that I have see, end up looking like a rollercoaster, they warp like crazy.
Old 03-11-2024, 10:04 PM   #5
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
You’ll figure it out when it comes to the colors. You’ll end up with a bunch a different shades, and none match with our interiors.
All the dash pads from LMC that I have see, end up looking like a rollercoaster, they warp like crazy.
Your comment Rings the Truth.

I am not a Fan or Patron of LMC anymore.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 10:34 PM   #6
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
Your comment Rings the Truth.

I am not a Fan or Patron of LMC anymore.
Here’s a perfect example of LMC colors. Talk about clashing, lol. This one “generic” red that LMC offers will not match any of the 5 shades of reds that our interiors have. And that’s going to be the same with the Blue, Tan and gray.
Just trying to help people not waste their money, and finding out the hard way. After all I did this myself, wasted money on that LMC crap.
As far as those dashes from LMC. I have seen numerous of those that now look like rollercoasters. They warp badly.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2024, 09:44 AM   #7
Willie Makeit

My understanding is the vinyl with steel reinforcement dash that LMC sells is the same dash USA1 sells. They both come from Dashes Direct with the only exception being USA1 dyes it & marks it up another $130 & you get to wait 12-16 months.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 09:32 AM   #8
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Quote:
My understanding is the vinyl with steel reinforcement dash that LMC sells is the same dash USA1 sells. They both come from Dashes Direct with the only exception being USA1 dyes it & marks it up another $130 & you get to wait 12-16 months.
Exactly what I have read as well. I'm fortunate that I live within driving distance of LMC. I open parts boxes to inspect the parts before I walk out. I've had great luck with LMC parts so far, so I will continue to take my chances I guess since they are "local" for me.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 11:37 PM   #9
wazzabie

For the deluxe USA 1 door panels that are dyed how well does the dye holdup to use?
wazzabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 11:44 PM   #10
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzabie View Post
For the deluxe USA 1 door panels that are dyed how well does the dye holdup to use?
My door panels are from 2018. Still look great. This picture is from last summer
Attached Images