The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
jlmerie

Very interesting 1973 Highlander truck at junkyard

Went to the junkyard today and found they had just put out this 1973 Custom Deluxe. It is an early 73, the seat belt date was 48 72. It is a Custom Deluxe, but someone loaded it up with options. I believe it is a Highlander truck. It has an option YG8 "SPECIAL PROMOTION PK", and of course you can't miss that plaid seat cover. Also interesting is the line on the SPID "DELETE REAR WINDOW M". This truck also had the special trim pieces for the back and corner of the cab. This is the second truck I have seen recently that has these pieces that are distinctly different from the later trucks. Obviously this truck has the woodgrain on the side and tailgate. Someone must know what you ordered to get this. I am also curious about the tailgate panel. It is the wide panel with woodgrain. What other years was the wide tailgate panel available? Here are the pictures.
Attached Images