The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Billett

Project Texa Go

Finally getting around to making a build thread for my new truck! I used to roll around in a '99 s10 and loved it. It was my first vehicle so I put tons of time and effort into it, but after a while I realized it was just never going to be anything more than an s10. Saw a pretty good deal on this '68 lwb and couldn't be happier right now. It definitely needs some work, but for the price I just couldn't pass it up.

It used to be a service truck for a Texaco station down the road from me and has stayed with the station through the years. The station eventually shut down, but a used car dealer/restoration hobbyist bought the station and the truck along with it. He took the station and brought it back to life and he would take the truck to shows, but it just didn't get that much attention, (from him), so he decided to sell it. The guy he sold it to had it for six months and sold it to the guy I bought it from. He had it for a whopping week and a half before putting it up on CL, said he needed to buy a trailer for vacation. So, $3500 later and I have my own little piece of history.

As of now the only mods I'm doing are restorations. There are quite a few things missing that I need to put back on before I can start using it as a reliable DD. It needs all new molding and weatherstripping in a few places, but it's just easier to replace it all at once. There is no glovebox since whatever idiot owned it previously decided to bolt what appears to be two computer speakers under the dash instead of just replacing the normal one... I'll get picks of that tonight. The original drivetrain was swapped for a relatively new 350 and Saginaw 3spd. Unfortunately I have no idea what the original drivetrain was because the p.o. also had very poor painting skills... Many of the turn signals and trim pieces have white over spray on them, and the entire back of the glove box SPID and all is just covered in white paint. All in all though it seems to run quite well and I'm fairly certain with a bit of TLC she'll be right as rain.
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote