The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2024, 07:55 PM   #1
SilverGT3RS

Powering up my LQ9

Hey everyone. I’m currently running an 04 Escalade LQ9 swap in my 67 C10. I’m running the GM PCM with a custom tune, long tube headers, etc

I bought the truck with the swap already done, and was told the truck has a aftermarket cam and upgraded stall. However, the previous owner did not know the specs on either one. He said the owner before him dynoed the truck at 400hp or so. I have not dynoed the truck but honestly it doesn’t feel like 400 hp.

I can definitely tell it’s an aftermarket cam because it does have a slight lope in the idle. Overall, the truck sounds good at idle however a small issue is the unknown cam specs have been a bit of a pita with trying to tune the truck.

Overall, this is just a fun rat rod truck build…I just installed Wilwood brakes, new Eaton posi/4.10s and other fun stuff. I don’t need crazy hp, maybe 500-550 ponies. Enough to fry some tires at will. LOL.

I’m getting ready to pull the engine to do some work in the engine bay, so while it’s out I’d like to explore either pulling the cam and trying to determine what make/specs it has or just go all in and upgrade the cylinder heads and put in a cam where I know the specs and model of what I'm installing, along with a bump in hp where I’ll be in my preferred range.

If I go with new heads, I’m assuming I need to run some AFR205s/L92s or similar?

Any ideas on camshaft? Looking at some BTR stuff in the 224/230 .553/.553 110 to 233/248 .630"/.615" 111.5 range.

Thanks in advance!
SilverGT3RS is offline   Reply With Quote