The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-03-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
65ChevyC20

step bumper

Hye guys, I am just about ready to get my 65 C20 back on the road. the previous owner installed a roll pan on the back and I want to go back to a step bumper cuz I will be towing things with this. I did a search a google search and only came up with bumpers for later model trucks, 87 and newer. Can anyone direct me on where to get one. I was thinking of one of the bumpers with diamond plate on top and chromed sides with a hole for a ball. I will be installing a receiver hitch also.

I kept my truck the factory ride height, if I had a 1/2 ton that thing would be slammed on the ground, I just don;t think it looks right to lower a 3/4 ton. I will post some pics later.

Thanks for the help

Aaron
65ChevyC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:08 AM   #2
El Caballo

Your local junkyard has what you need. Clean it up and if necessary rechrome, the 1-800 folks charge too much anyway.
El Caballo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:58 PM   #3
Woogeroo

If you can find a bumper locally, it will be less, if you live in an area where junkyards are still allowed.

Most of the junkyards here in North Georgia here have scrapped anything older than the late 70's it seems. If you have no luck here is a list of parts vendors:

Chevy / GMC Truck Parts Vendors List

http://woogeroo.home.mindspring.com/.../ctgparts.html
Woogeroo is offline   Reply With Quote